We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

19 hour layover hotel IAH Humble area

Which Houston hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Gulf Shores, Alabama
reviews: 3
19 hour layover hotel IAH Humble area

Traveling through IAH in early March. We have more than just a "get to the airport hotel and sleep" layover. Currently looking at hotels in Humble near the mall. We could maybe go to the movies or just kill some time at the mall. So far I've found the Motel 6 and the Super 8. Neither one have airport shuttles, but they are priced about the same with cab fare as the other hotels that have shuttles. I've also read some nightmare reviews of the airport shuttles. Are there any more hotels that are within walking distance or short cab ride to the mall. Thanks, any other suggestions are welcome.

Spring/Houston, TX
Destination Expert
for Houston
reviews: 87
1. Re: 19 hour layover hotel IAH Humble area

Try the Country Inn & Suites at Deerbrook Mall. Just a bit further north are the Comfort Suites and Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites on Hwy 59. I've seen shuttles for these hotels.

Another area to consider, The Woodlands. It is a bit further north, but very nice. Some hotels to consider there are the Marriott Waterway, Hilton Garden Inn, Drury Inn & Suites, Courtyard and Residence Inn. All of these are within walking/shopping/movie theater.

Welcome to Houston!

Edited: 7:33 pm, February 12, 2013
Houston, Texas
reviews: 1
2. Re: 19 hour layover hotel IAH Humble area

I second the suggestion for considering The Woodlands area. The Deerbrook Mall area isn't that great, and whatever you do -- avoid the Greenspoint Mall area.

Houston, TX
reviews: 25
3. Re: 19 hour layover hotel IAH Humble area

Agree with The Woodlands--mall, Market Street shops, waterway, restaurants. Much better than the Deerbrook area.

4. Re: 19 hour layover hotel IAH Humble area

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, February 15, 2014