We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

cheap fight to houston

Which Houston hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New Orleans...
reviews: 1
cheap fight to houston

Anyone knows when is it a good time to go to Houston as in cheap airline ticket? I have looked and it costs above $500 from Boise, ID to Houston, TX

So maybe if I know the "non-peak" season, it might be cheaper? Any suggestions would be appreciated even I have to fly into other city.

Houston
Destination Expert
for Houston
reviews: 157
1. Re: cheap fight to houston

There used to be some relatively cheap flights from Salt Lake City to Houston, both via United & Southwest, so if you could get from Boise to SLC, relatively cheaply, that's one option. The other would be through Denver. The figure of $500 round trip sounds about right, though. One way to cut down costs is to stay over a Saturday night and see if flying one day earlier or later changes the price, if that will work for you. Sometimes that one day difference can change the price appreciably.

Typically the best day to buy ticket is on Tuesday afternoon, so I'd check flight costs then. I'm not aware of any seasonal or "non-peak" fares into or out of Houston, but possibly you may find a cheaper fare from time to time.

Good luck.

Spring/Houston, TX
Destination Expert
for Houston
reviews: 75
2. Re: cheap fight to houston

Usually connecting flights are cheaper. Also, consider checking flights into Intercontinental (IAH) and Hobby (HOU) airports. Sometimes there is a fare difference.

Southwest flies into Hobby only. Continental flies into IAH. Delta flies into both.

When are you planning to travel? Usually travelling on a Tuesday, Wednesday or Saturday afternoon/evening flight will yield the best rates.

Southwest lets you see fares for a month, if you are date flexible.

ARLINGTON, TX
3. Re: cheap fight to houston

Southwest or Alligiant to Las Vegas - Spirit Las Vegas to Houston.

Edited: 9:43 pm, February 03, 2013
Texas
Destination Expert
for Houston
reviews: 244
4. Re: cheap fight to houston

Hi A,

I think if you fly to a larger, closer city to Boise on a regional airline with specials offered(midweek flights might cost less on these small airlines), then, from there, to IAH,your fare will be greatly reduced. Then,you are doing a"hop" from one major city, to another.

enjoy your trip,

cc,

Cupcake

Houston, Texas
reviews: 128
5. Re: cheap fight to houston

United has a major hub in Houston IAH and they put out specials each Monday or Tuesday (sometimes they come late). Those flights leave on Saturday and return on Monday or Tuesday and are usually a great deal. Basically they are trying to fill up the empty seats. I've done several spur of the moment weekend vacations this way. Flights of this type of distance would generally be about $200-$300 or 22,500 frequent flyer miles. You have to book them quick, Monday or Tuesday when they come out, even though it says the prices are good through Friday because they DO fill up, and you want a good seat. =)

I flew into Salt Lake City last year and I want to say it was around $400, that was a planned trip, not a special deal. Boise being a less traveled airport could be significantly adding to your cost.

6. Re: cheap fight to houston

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, February 15, 2014