We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pre and Post Cruise hotels

Which Houston hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Winnipeg
reviews: 31
Pre and Post Cruise hotels

I never thought it would be this difficult to co-ordinate a cruise trip to Houston, and I am a Travel Agent! We are sailing out of Galveston on the Disney Magic on Jan 4-12. The problem I am encountering is this- we are flying from Canada into George Bush Airport, which appears to be over 40 km away from the city of Houston. Galveston appears to be an additional equal number of km's away. What do people do for pre and post cruise nights? The cruise line cannot provide transfers unless it is the day of the cruise, and I don't want to stay out at the airport in the middle of nowhere if we have extra time to explore. so I am appealing to all- can anyone answer the following questions?

- Is there a hotel IN HOUSTON (not at the airport) that has an airport (IAH) shuttle?

- if not, is there an IAH airport hotel that has a shuttle to the Galleria?

-Is there a Galveston hotel that has a shuttle to the Disney Cruise Port?

- What would be the best way to get from the cruise port in Galveston to our post cruise hotel?

My thought is to fly in the day before the cruise, take Supershuttle to a Galveston hotel. Hopefully a hotel that can take me to the hcruise port the next morning. At the end of the cruise, we need transportation to our Houston hotel, and the next morning transportation to IAH.

Help!

Houston, Texas
reviews: 29
1. Re: Pre and Post Cruise hotels

we are flying from Canada into George Bush Airport, which appears to be over 40 km away from the city of Houston. Galveston appears to be an additional equal number of km's away.

-- Yes, the main airport for Houston is located at the northern edge of the Houston Metro area.

What do people do for pre and post cruise nights?

-- Usually, they use SuperShuttle or a limo to get to Galveston.

Is there a hotel IN HOUSTON (not at the airport) that has an airport (IAH) shuttle?

-- There are plenty of hotels near the airport (look for ones on JFK Blvd or Will Clayton Blvd) with shuttles. Search Expedia and filter for ones with shuttles. You won't find any inside the Beltway/Hwy 8 with shuttles.

if not, is there an IAH airport hotel that has a shuttle to the Galleria?

-- No. The Galleria is nowhere near the airport and the free shuttles will not go between the two locations.

Is there a Galveston hotel that has a shuttle to the Disney Cruise Port?

-- Many of the Galvezton hotels offer shuttles to the cruise terminal. It shouldn't be hard to find one. I know the Hilton has a shuttle. But there are tons of others.

What would be the best way to get from the cruise port in Galveston to our post cruise hotel?

-- Depends where you're staying. If you are in Galveston, just use a taxi or hotel shuttle. If you're in Houston or back at IAH, use SuperShuttle or a limo.

My thought is to fly in the day before the cruise, take Supershuttle to a Galveston hotel.

-- This is your best option.

Hopefully a hotel that can take me to the cruise port the next morning.

-- Shouldnt be a problem.

At the end of the cruise, we need transportation to our Houston hotel, and the next morning transportation to IAH.

-- Hotel shuttle or taxi to hotel and SuperShuttle back to IAH the next day.

Winnipeg
reviews: 31
2. Re: Pre and Post Cruise hotels

Thanks for your help!

Texas
Destination Expert
for Houston
reviews: 282
3. Re: Pre and Post Cruise hotels

HI KM,

This LaQuinta is well situated and gets great TA reviews, in Galveston:

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g55879-d98881-R…

If you all get there in time for a bite, you can go sit at The Spot and enjoy some good food and a good view:

http://www.yelp.com/biz/the-spot-galveston

As stated, most of the IAH hotels have free shuttles.

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g56003-d108141-…

This La Quinta is located close to the airport, and in a good area. You might try on the hotel website, for some great deals. You might want to avoid hotels located on I-45, as they are a bit farther away.

Have a great cruise!

cc,

Cupcake

Texas
Destination Expert
for Houston
reviews: 282
4. Re: Pre and Post Cruise hotels

You might go on to LaQuinta.com, and sign up for their loyalty club "LQ Returns", as they might give you a discount code soon after you do!

cc,'

Cupcake

Galveston, Texas
5. Re: Pre and Post Cruise hotels

You can try to stay at IAH Airport Hotel and then take a shuttle service to Galveston like Vista Shutles or Super Shuttle, they have service from Houston IAH Airport Hotels to Galveston Cruise Terminal.

Northeast Arkansas
reviews: 40
6. Re: Pre and Post Cruise hotels

We are in Galveston right now and used Texas Airport Car transfer. The owner is Dwayne Johnson 1-877-261-8822. He called my cell phone just as our plane landed and after we got our bags, it was less than 5 minutes and we were on the road. He was recommended by our hotel, the Hilton, and was the best transfer experience we have had. Competitive prices and highly professional. A nice start to our vacation. www.texasairportcar.com

7. Re: Pre and Post Cruise hotels

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:16 pm, January 06, 2014