We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New Year in Houston

Which Houston hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Houston, Texas
New Year in Houston

Hi,

This is my first New Years Eve in Houston but I am puzzled about what to do. My wife is pregnant and her parents will be visiting us all the way from Europe to celebrate Christmas and New Year with us. We are looking for places where we can have a nice dinner and maybe some kind of entertainment (not a 'drink all you can and get drunk' party). Are there any suggestions? :o)

Thanks!

Houston
Destination Expert
for Houston
reviews: 194
1. Re: New Year in Houston

Klavs--

The Houston Chronicle should be starting to advertise for New Year's Eve parties soon. I'd avoid the big hotel parties, as they fall into the "all you can drink" category you mention, but some restaurants may offer entertainment packages. I'd make reservations early, as those restaurants will probably fill early.

Our experience on New Year's Eve has been either a price-fixe menu, or at least a very limited menu, so be forewarned, and don't expect usual restaurant quality from most restaurants, as their customer turnover that night is probably close to double (or more) their normal.

I hope this is helpful. Happy Holidays!

Kingwood, Texas
Destination Expert
for Houston
reviews: 49
2. Re: New Year in Houston

There will be a lot of restaurants that will have two seatings: the first around 6:00p and the second around 8:30- 9:00p. As sated above usually it is a fixed price with the second seating more expensive with champagne at midnight.

Some of the larger hotels will have a simialr thing going on at the restaurant while the big party at the ballroom.

houston, texas
reviews: 3
3. Re: New Year in Houston

We enjoyed a wonderful NYE dinner at Brennan's last year. They had a great strolling jazz band, and the food was wonderful.

Texas
Destination Expert
for Houston
reviews: 305
4. Re: New Year in Houston

Hi K,

Here is a compilation of some of the NYE menus:

http://www.b4-u-eat.com/NewYears/

The first one, Haven, has live music by Luther and the Healers, always enjoyable, and good food too!

that way, you can compare prices,menus, etc.

Happy 2013!

cc,

Cupcake

texas
5. Re: New Year in Houston

looking for a place to spend Christmas with your love ones houstonproperties will answer all your needs, you can also try the Chinatown shopping, Asian karaoke clubs, Asian Restaurants, Chinatown Attractions and Houston Events

When you are in the city of Houston, Texas there are a number of things that you can experience which provides you with a different side of American life.

Austin, Texas
6. Re: New Year in Houston

Many locations offer live entertainment throughout the night leading up to 2013. Here is our list of restaurants open on New Year's Eve and Day. Most locations will serve a special New Year's Eve dinner menu, or a special New Year's Day brunch menu; however, some locations are simply open for regular service both days.

…houstonpress.com/eating/2012/12/ring_in_the…

Austin, Texas
7. Re: New Year in Houston

houstonpress.com/2012-12-27/…

…houstonpress.com/eating/2012/12/ring_in_the…

…houstonpress.com/rocks/…more

clubzone.com/nye2/houston-new-years-eve.html

http://events.29-95.com/houston_tx/events/new+year's+eve

…cbslocal.com/top-lists/…

kemahboardwalk.com/documents/…100

8. Re: New Year in Houston

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:15 am, January 07, 2014