We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hertz pickup from IAH

Which Houston hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore
reviews: 24
Hertz pickup from IAH

Hellos!

Will be in Houston in a couple of weeks, we rented a car from Hertz to pick up from IAH. I thought I remember reading that the pick up location for Hertz was not at the airport itself, is that so? It's a motley group of children and seniors off a long haul flight from Singapore, would we be better off all following to collect the car or should we wait at the arrival hall while the driver picks the vehicle up?

Thanks in advance!

Houston, TX
reviews: 30
1. Re: Hertz pickup from IAH

Hertz has frequently arriving, large pleasant shuttle buses and the drive between terminal and rental station is normally 5 minutes or so. So taking the group along is not a major production.

The other option could be used if getting on a bus is difficult for some travelers, or there is lots of luggage to handle twice. Bear in mind that returning to the arriving passenger pick location at the international terminal can involve 10-15 minutes waits due to traffic back ups during prime time arrivals. So be patient if you choose this option and encounter the traffic.

Kingwood, Texas
Destination Expert
for Houston
reviews: 47
2. Re: Hertz pickup from IAH

All renatla cars are located about 5 mts from the airport. Hertz, as others have a shuttle. The drivers are very helpful and will put the luggage in for you. I will take the shuttle rather than having to go back to the airport.

Singapore
reviews: 24
3. Re: Hertz pickup from IAH

Thanks for the info! (Y)

4. Re: Hertz pickup from IAH

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:16 am, December 17, 2013