We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car Rental in Terminal?? Hobby

Which Houston hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Newark, Ohio
Car Rental in Terminal?? Hobby

We are traveling with 2 young children, wondering if here is a car rental company that will have your car for you at the terminal? Not really wanting to get on a shuttle with my children to go get our rental car...

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated!

San Antonio, TX
Destination Expert
for San Antonio
reviews: 53
1. Re: Car Rental in Terminal?? Hobby

I believe they are all accessed by shuttle bus. You can always have one adult go and rent the car while the other and kiddos stay at the terminal. Then the driver can come pick up the rest of the party.

My wife and I often do this when returning the car. I'll drop her with the baggage and then go return the car and meet her. Heading out, we are often too excited to wait, so we both jump on the shuttle.

Houston, TX
reviews: 30
2. Re: Car Rental in Terminal?? Hobby

All of the Hobby rental cars are served by individual shuttle buses traveling from the terminal to their remote locations about a mile away. But you might ask somelike like Enterprise or Hertz if they'll drive up to the terminal and get you. You'll probably have to find a manager at those locations who has a special focus on customer service, but I'd say try it.

Post #1 is a good idea too. Hobby has a small but pleasant waiting area in baggage claim, and a much larger area in the departure terminal one floor up.

3. Re: Car Rental in Terminal?? Hobby

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:17 am, December 17, 2013