We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Choosing a hotel in houston JW Marriott or Galleria Crowne

Which Houston hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Vaughan, Canada
reviews: 33
Choosing a hotel in houston JW Marriott or Galleria Crowne

I am having such a hard time choosing. Basically same price the crown plaza galleria location includes breakfast, member lounge but not sure how far away it is from everything.The JW Marriott is supposed to be right near the galleria. We are going for two days from Toronto and I don't have anyone I know in Houston that could give me advice on the conditions of the hotels. If you know of something better please let me know. Thank you in advance!!!! :)

Houston, TX
reviews: 30
1. Re: Choosing a hotel in houston JW Marriott or Galleria Crowne

The JW Marriott at 5150 Westheimer Road is a more pleasant hotel in a much better location than the Crown Plaza at 7611 Katy Freeway. The Crown Plaza is about 4 miles away on the edge of a major freeway with a limited amount of attractions in their area. The JWM is right accross the street from the very large and pleasant Galleria (Shopping & Entertainment) Mall. Price at the JWP may be a bit higher, but i'd say it's worth the higher price.

Austin, Texas
reviews: 3
2. Re: Choosing a hotel in houston JW Marriott or Galleria Crowne

I totally agree with Jack. Being a tourist and in the Galleria area is a big plus. I stay at that JWM, but it was a longgg time ago and at that time I was pleased.

Even across the street from the Galleria are more shops and restaurants. You will stay busy.

Houston is so spread out that if you don't rent a car, then it's a must to be in a walkable area like the Galleria for all your needs.

Vaughan, Canada
reviews: 33
3. Re: Choosing a hotel in houston JW Marriott or Galleria Crowne

Thank you :)

Texas
Destination Expert
for Houston
reviews: 279
4. Re: Choosing a hotel in houston JW Marriott or Galleria Crowne

Hi,

From the JWM< you can walk to so much in the area, including the Galleria itself. There is another shopping area, also within walking distance with large retail stores, coffee, and more.

In general, the JWM is just a bit more well appointed than the CP.

enjoy houston!

cc,

Cupcake

texas
5. Re: Choosing a hotel in houston JW Marriott or Galleria Crowne

great option but why don't you try houstonproperties is a great city to explore and there are a number of attractions that will keep you occupied for as long as you are there. Many attractions and things to do that you must see.

6. Re: Choosing a hotel in houston JW Marriott or Galleria Crowne

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, December 17, 2013