We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Layover arrives 1am-Options?

Which Houston hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Los Angeles...
Layover arrives 1am-Options?

I have a Layover my flight arrives 1am-And I am looking for some options. My connection doesnt leave until 9am Intl Flight. I can either just get a Hotel near Houston Intl airport. Or if anyone has any suggestions I can Taxi to a Bar, After Hours club nearby any suggestion local Houstons? :-)

JB

Houston, TX
Destination Expert
for Houston
reviews: 13
1. Re: Layover arrives 1am-Options?

There are a few hotels near the airport proper, and that may be your best bet. There's not a lot of "nightlife" around the airport. I'd suggest the hotel so you don't have to hassle with your luggage if you went out.

Enjoy your short stay in Houston!

Kingwood, Texas
Destination Expert
for Houston
reviews: 47
2. Re: Layover arrives 1am-Options?

Everything pretty much shuts down at 2:00a, so really not much options other than stay at the airport or find a hotel. You will need to be back at the airport by about 5:00a for the 9am flight.

Houston, TX
reviews: 30
3. Re: Layover arrives 1am-Options?

I agree with Posts #1 and #2. Sometimes the Marriott that is in the Airport itself will give you a half night rate, especially if they are half empty. You'll have to check with the hotel directly however.

Houston
reviews: 2
4. Re: Layover arrives 1am-Options?

If you'll be hungry, there are lots of places that cater to late night crowds. Alcohol is no longer served at 2am, but there are several after hours bars and the eateries in those areas are lively at night. You'll have time, but watch the clock.

The airport will be dead. We take a game of Chinese checkers with us when we have to be in the airport late at night.

Edited to add:

Wear pants and bring a light jacket or sweater--the airport is kept at a temperature of about -16.

Edited: 12:11 pm, November 27, 2012
Texas
Destination Expert
for Houston
reviews: 291
5. Re: Layover arrives 1am-Options?

Hi,

I don't know of any places nearby,except for a Denny's or IHOP that serve food later after 11pm.

Going to the Marriott, La Quinta or other nearby hotels might be your best option. Be sure to call the off property hotels, to see what time their shuttles stop running, at night.

Hope your trip goes well.

Sincerely,

Cupcake

6. Re: Layover arrives 1am-Options?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:15 am, December 17, 2013