We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay for NFL football game?

Which Houston hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
terpfan4u
reviews: 3
Where to stay for NFL football game?

Any suggestions on where to stay while in town for a game? Need some place close to stadium along with having fun things to do close by.

Thanks!

houston, texas
reviews: 3
1. Re: Where to stay for NFL football game?

Hotel Derek in the Galleria area. Close to stadium, as well as many bars and restaurants. Great weather to enjoy a beer at the West Alabama Icehouse. A Houston tradition.

Houston
Destination Expert
for Houston
reviews: 209
2. Re: Where to stay for NFL football game?

Hotel Derek isn't close to Reliant Stadium unless you're planning on driving. It's in the Galleria area, about 5-6 miles from the stadium. There are a number of hotels along South Main and Fannin (admittedly not much night life in immediate area), with easy access via Metro, which can also take you downtown to the bars and restaurants.

If you want to fight the traffic and have a car, Derek (along with many other hotels in Galleria area) have easy access via I-610, but parking can present a challenge, especially for someone not familiar with park 'n ride, etc.

Houston, TX
reviews: 30
3. Re: Where to stay for NFL football game?

I recommend staying Center City, such as Hotel Icon or several others within a 10 minute walk. Light rail takes you to and from the game. Unless you're part of a previously organized party or tailgating group, pre and post game life in and around the Stadium is fairly modest. There are a number of food and drink places in and around the Icon location that should be pretty welcoming. If you are driving, are GPS enabled and follow yelp or one of the other party tips sites, the Galleria area and the West Alabama Icehouse, as lew points out, are also good options.

West Heights...
reviews: 43
4. Re: Where to stay for NFL football game?

I wouldn't stay next to Reliant Stadium. It's not the best part of town.

If you have a car stay next to the Galleria. If you don't I would suggest staying close to Downtown like the Crowne Plaza Downtown. Because you can take the light rail in and you can also walk to West Gray (Midtown) to find a place to eat and bar hop.

5. Re: Where to stay for NFL football game?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:18 pm, December 14, 2013