We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Crawfish in houston!

Which Houston hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Houston, Texas
reviews: 29
Crawfish in houston!

Where are the best places in Houston to get crawfish such as grocery stores, festivals, and restaurants. I need to find out soon. Thanks for the help.

Spring/Houston, TX
Destination Expert
for Houston
reviews: 75
1. Re: Crawfish in houston!

Crawfish will be everywhere! What part of Houston will you be in?

We've been to Old Town Spring's Crawfish festival and enjoyed, Joe's Crab Shack and Pappadeaux's

Here is an article on crawfish places with lots of reader comments also.http://www.29-95.com/restaurants/story/now-serving-boiled-crawfish

Houston, Texas
2. Re: Crawfish in houston!

Ok thanks and I will be by the reliant

Kingwood, Texas
Destination Expert
for Houston
reviews: 36
3. Re: Crawfish in houston!

Some of the best might be the temporary 'tents' that is pretty much everywhere. Rajun Cajun and Boiling Crab (I think that is the name of the restaurant) are pretty popular places. You can also find them in some grocery stores but not cooked.

Houston, Texas
4. Re: Crawfish in houston!

Yes I have heard of those places and I will check them out.

UK
reviews: 3
5. Re: Crawfish in houston!

I'd avoid Rajun Cajun. Overpriced, overcooked, mushy crawfish.

Boiling Crab is a much better choice. They're served Vietnamese-style, dripping with spiced garlic butter. The place is crazily popular though, with a queue forming outside before they open, even on weekdays at 3p.m. Expect to wait for a table.

Hank's Cajun Crawfish (three locations) is another very good choice. Five different levels of spice and you can order the garlic butter for an extra 25c.

Of the other restaurants mentioned in the link above which I've tried, Mardi Gras Grill and Bayou City Seafood and Pasta are both worth a visit and both have cheap crawfish in happy hour. They're closer to Reliant than the above two.

Crawfish and Noodles (another Vietnamese place) gets a lot of love, but I've yet to try out their bugs.

Houston, Texas
6. Re: Crawfish in houston!

Wow thanks so much for all of the options I will definitely look toward those!

dcoletexas1
reviews: 4
7. Re: Crawfish in houston!

There are not any good crawfish near Reliant that i know of. Big Woodrows on Chimney Rock is good.

Mardi Gras Grill has very good crawfish, but again, not near Reliant.

I agree that Rajun Cajun are way over priced and not very good.

louisiana
reviews: 2
8. Re: Crawfish in houston!

My .02.

To begin with, I'm from South Louisiana and have been eating/cooking crawfish for 20+ years.

I've tried crawfish at 2 places in houston the past 2 weeks.

First, Ragin Cajun... Was really unimpressed. For this time of the year, crawfish should be medium at worst. These crawfish were very small (peeler size) and were overboiled. In addition to the lack of size, I'm not sure what type of seasoning was used. It undoubtedly was not crawfish boil. In my opinion, the most unsatisfied I've ever been eating crawfish.

Secondly, Landry's Seafood... I typically wouldn't eat crawfish at a chain establishment but decided to try a couple of pounds as an appetizer. The crawfish had a much better size and were seasoned very well. I wouldn't expect to find crawfish like I'm accustomed to but, Landry's was more than satisfactory.

Like I said, just my .02. Hopefully it helps

louisiana
reviews: 2
9. Re: Crawfish in houston!

My .02.

To begin with, I'm from South Louisiana and have been eating/cooking crawfish for 20+ years.

I've tried crawfish at 2 places in houston the past 2 weeks.

First, Ragin Cajun... Was really unimpressed. For this time of the year, crawfish should be medium at worst. These crawfish were very small (peeler size) and were overboiled. In addition to the lack of size, I'm not sure what type of seasoning was used. It undoubtedly was not crawfish boil. In my opinion, the most unsatisfied I've ever been eating crawfish.

Secondly, Landry's Seafood... I typically wouldn't eat crawfish at a chain establishment but decided to try a couple of pounds as an appetizer. The crawfish had a much better size and were seasoned very well. I wouldn't expect to find crawfish like I'm accustomed to but, Landry's was more than satisfactory.

Like I said, just my .02. Hopefully it helps

Houston, Texas
reviews: 16
10. Re: Crawfish in houston!

Bayou City Seafood on Richmond