We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

jobs in Houston?

Which Houston hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Birmingham,Alabama
jobs in Houston?

What is the best place for me to find job openings in Houston preferably in the Property Managment industry in the Galleria area.

Jakarta, Indonesia
reviews: 20
1. Re: jobs in Houston?

Why Galleria if you don't mind me asking?

Houston has overbuilt apartment complexes within the 610 loop so there are many developers eg Finger Companies

fingercompanies.com/Employment_Opportunities…

Birmingham,Alabama
2. Re: jobs in Houston?

a friend told me that would be a great area but i'm open for suggestions

Clear Lake...
reviews: 4
3. Re: jobs in Houston?

I think anywhere in the suburbs of Houston is a good place to put yourself. The housing market as it is in Houston, with its very reasonably priced homes, makes for a lot of people buying rental properties. Most of my friends have 5-6 homes and have them managed by professional property managers. it's their retirement plan. Pay off the houses and sell them and that's their retirement. I'd say anywhere outside of the loop for sure, Beltway in my opinion, makes for a very nice area where you can be safe, secure, be in good school districts, and in a much lower crime area. Clear Lake, Sugarland, Cypress, Kingwood, Woodlands--they're all upper scale areas where you can find nice homes that don't need a lot of tending to for a property manager situation.

Houston, Texas
reviews: 1
4. Re: jobs in Houston?

What kind of property management were you interested in? Residential? Commercial? I was in commercial property management until recently, and I've seen lots of jobs posted on Monster.com and CareerBuilder.com. Also, if you're looking for an admin level job, your best bet would be a temp agency like Administaff or ProStaff. That's how I got my 1st job in CPM.

I agree with the previous poster that the suburban areas she listed are very nice, if that's what you're looking for. There's a whole lot more action closer to town, though. More culture too; a broad spectrum of people from all over the world. It is a lot more expensive, but you can find less expensive but nice duplexes and apartments. It takes some searching though. The Galleria area is very nice, especially to work in (that's where I work now). It's nice to have so many different types of restaurants and shopping to choose from during my lunch hour. But it's by no means the only great place to work. It's very crowded too and hard to get out of in the evenings. Something to think about.

Anyway, hope this info helped. Good luck in your search!