We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

opening hours of attractions in Grapevine

Which Grapevine hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore
reviews: 8
opening hours of attractions in Grapevine

Hi there,

I'll be at the Gaylord for a conference in May. I was thinking of exploring Grapevine either on the Sunday before my conference, or in the evenings after the conference ends (likely around 4-6pm each day).

Would the attractions/shops on Main Street be open on Sunday or in the evenings on weeknights?

I read somewhere about a Grapevine Shuttle. I intended to ride it to Grapevine from Gaylord, but can't seem to find a link for it now. Is it still operating?

thank you!

4 replies to this topic
Grapevine, Texas
Destination Expert
for Grapevine
reviews: 58
1. Re: opening hours of attractions in Grapevine

Sunday in May will be a wonderful day to spend perusing the shops on Main Street and surrounding streets. You didn't note the specific days you'll be here, but Grapevine Main Street Days festival occurs one weekend each May. Main Street remains open, but the street is closed to traffic to allow vendors and festival-goes to enjoy the festivities.

Because of Grapevine's small-town nature, many of the shops close during evening hours, but the restaurants remain open and you can still stroll the sidewalk and window-shop.

Don't miss the small shops on the some of the side streets. A particular favorite is Hip Pop - they make uniquely flavored ices, shaved ices and ice-pops from natural fruits and herbs. (Cucumber lime Jalapeno, Strawberry lemonade basil, etc) They're tasty good! (They also have the more common syrup flavors for those palates).

http://www.grapevinetexasusa.com/

The shuttle: http://www.grapevinetexasusa.com/shuttle/

(I just went to the shuttle web-site and it's currently down. The web-site problem has been reported as of this posting time/date, but the shuttle is still operating. Visitor Information Center at 817-410-3185.)

Singapore
2. Re: opening hours of attractions in Grapevine

Hi KarinLB,

Thanks much for all the info! I just did a search on Grapevine Main Street Days festival and it looks like I would be there when it happens. I'm looking forward to it! :)

where's the Hip Pop shop?

Will keep a lookout for the shuttle website. If I can't meet the return shuttle timings, would you be able to advise on the estimated cost of taking a cab from Grapevine back to Gaylord?

Grapevine, Texas
Destination Expert
for Grapevine
reviews: 58
3. Re: opening hours of attractions in Grapevine

You'll enjoy the festival! May is a beautiful time in North TX.

HipHop faces Franklin St, to the side/behind 7-11 on Main. They carry a small assortment of chocolates from locally (Dallas) renowned chocolatier, Dude Sweet Chocolate. Two doors down from HH is a new chocolatier, Dr. Sue's Chocolate. Dr Sue is a licensed doctor promoting chocolate for it's healthful benefits..... or so says her promotion :)

Unless your airline timing is after 10pm, the shuttle should be available. Failing that, I'd contact the Gaylord's concierge. I'm certain I've seen their hotel shuttle about the area.

Edited: 11:25 am, February 14, 2014
Singapore
4. Re: opening hours of attractions in Grapevine

awesome, will check the shops out :) thanks for all the helpful info!