We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grocery Delivery

Which Grapevine hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Seattle, Washington
reviews: 9
Grocery Delivery

I'll be staying at the Gaylord Texan very soon for a convention. I have been searching for a local grocery store that I can order groceries online and have them delivered to the resort, without any luck. Does anyone know of a grocery store capable of this in the area? I'm just trying to avoid the high cost and crowds of the resort restaurant for mainly breakfast and lunch. Any leads you can provide would be so appreciated! Thanks!

8 replies to this topic
Grapevine, Texas
Destination Expert
for Grapevine
reviews: 58
1. Re: Grocery Delivery

I'm unaware of any grocery stores in Grapevine that deliver (I live here). However, Grapevine is a very casual, small town where you'd be comfortable dining solo at any number of less expensive restaurants - Main Street or the remainder of the town.

There is a shuttle that circulates throughout Grapevine. It includes your hotel, Main Street, Grapevine Mills Mall and other areas, though I'm not aware of any grocery stores on the 4 routes. I believe the Gaylord has complimentary day passes.

There's an Eatzi's at Grapevine Town Center - not really a grocery store, but more of a high end market selling cheeses, baked goods, artisan breads and very good prepared foods from $38/lb beef tenderloin to a less priced/lb hummus and such.

There is a 7-11 very near the corner of Main Street and Northwest Highway. The shuttle driver might make an unscheduled stop there before making the turn onto Main Street.

https:/…Default.aspx

See "dining" tab at center of page:

https:/…Default.aspx

Edited: 8:35 am, August 01, 2012
Bedford, Texas
2. Re: Grocery Delivery

I'm not seeing any places that deliver either.

There is a Winn Dixie on Main Street,

613 S Main St, Grapevine, TX

Phone: (817) 329-6139

and a Burres further down on Northwest Hwy, -

912 W Northwest Hwy, Grapevine, TX

(817) 481-2514

Grapevine, Texas
Destination Expert
for Grapevine
reviews: 58
3. Re: Grocery Delivery

The Winn Dixie has been gone for *years* as has the Burres. 7-11 and Eatzi's are it.

Bedford, Texas
4. Re: Grocery Delivery

Wow, I thought that it was gone but I thought I missed it.. The when I googled it and numerous sites showed it there.

I guess I better trust what I know rather than internet...

Thanks Karin, I learn something new every day...

Big D
Destination Expert
for Tulum, Dallas
reviews: 6
5. Re: Grocery Delivery

See if Artizone will deliver. Even if it's muffins or croissants from Empire Bakery (who Artizone works with)...they will be about half the price from what Gaylord charges and much better quality.

Also think about how will get your delivery. Gaylord does have a very limited area for dropping off. But if they have to park, that outrageous charge will be passed on to you.

Big D
Destination Expert
for Tulum, Dallas
6. Re: Grocery Delivery

One more thing. We stayed at the Gaylord once a few years ago. We found that ordering room service was more economical than the restaurants....especially that buffet one for breakfast that was all Sysco food for a ridiculous high charge.

Big D
Destination Expert
for Tulum, Dallas
7. Re: Grocery Delivery

Sorry, never mind on the Artizone delivery. They really don't have much to select from plus they do not list Grapevine as a delivery area.

Seems that your best bet is to take the shuttle mentioned in an above post and go to Main Street Bakery where you can get wonderful European style bakery items plus a sandwich or two for later.

8. Re: Grocery Delivery

If anyone is looking for a grocery delivery service in Grapevine and the surrounding Dallas area, check out www.GroceriesCheck.com. They will shop and deliver groceries from any grocery store in the area for a very reasonable price.

Edited: 3:12 pm, yesterday
Reply to: Grocery Delivery
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted