We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visiting Galveston in October

Which Galveston hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Providence, Rhode...
Visiting Galveston in October

Hi,

I am planning on a trip to Galveston, TX during October. I am curious if any beaches will be open then. Also, are any of the parks open during the fall? I am planning on brining my children (ages 6 and under). It would be great if they have the chance to play in the sand (water may to be cold by then) and enjoy some of the ammenities the area has to offer.

Just curious to know what is there to do during that time of the year!

4 replies to this topic
Austin, Texas
Destination Expert
for Austin
reviews: 166
1. Re: Visiting Galveston in October

The beaches are always open. Temperatures in October will still likely be in the 80s, and the water relatively warm, or at least warmer than what you may be accustomed to, so beach days are definitely still an option.

Schliterbahn, the big water park, is still open on weekends, though only the indoor part is open later in the month - schlitterbahn.com/galveston/planning/hours .

You may also want to go to Moody Gardens to visit the aquarium and other attractions - http://www.moodygardens.com/

reviews: 2
2. Re: Visiting Galveston in October

That's a great time of year to visit. The temperature is much more agreeable than the dead of summer. Check www.galveston.com for a list of current activities.

reviews: 2
3. Re: Visiting Galveston in October

Definitely check out the beaches on the far ends of the island. Stay away from seawall until the seaweed is cleared. Downtown should be awesome during that time of year, the bar scene on the strand is very steady and the shops are frequently toured even on the weekdays.

Houston, Texas
4. Re: Visiting Galveston in October

October is my favorite month of the year. You will have the beach to yourself during the week, and even on weekends the crowds won't be to bad. If you plan to do Schlitterbahn, Moody Gardens etc check their website because they go with reduced hours once school starts.

Check Galveston.com for festival dates etc. Seems like there is one every week that time of year.

Reply to: Visiting Galveston in October
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted