We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Golf courses

Which Galveston hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Texas
Golf courses

What courses are on the island and which ones are worth playing?

4 replies to this topic
Houston, TX
reviews: 25
1. Re: Golf courses

There's one at Moody Gardens. There is also the Municipal Golf Course which has been rated among the top five muni courses by US News & World Reports. Hard to tell if either would be worth your while to play since you haven't said what makes a course worth your while. I'm sure people would say both good and bad things about both courses, given the fickle nature of the game of golf. And that statement comes from a person who plays :-)

Seriously, are you wanting to know about course conditions, placement of traps, views while you are on the fairways, pro shop facilities, greens etc?

Texas
2. Re: Golf courses

I am not the greatest golfer so any course is challenging. I like courses that are well taken care of, great scenery, destination type course. I will shoot in the High 90's so I want to leave atleast thinking, "Wow that was a great course" not sure if this helps are not

Galveston
reviews: 1
3. Re: Golf courses

Moody Gardens Golf is a great course to play. They have deals sometimes too, so make sure you give them a call first to find out what they are for the week!

reviews: 7
4. Re: Golf courses

Moody Gardens is in great shape right now & is challenging with the wind. I'll be there this weekend.

Reply to: Golf courses
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted