We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Another fun Mardi Gras

Which Galveston hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Arlington, TX
Destination Expert
for Fort Worth
reviews: 356
Another fun Mardi Gras

Hubs and I headed down to our friends's house in Pirates Beach after work last Wednesday, arrived late, visited even later :)

Thursday we ran down to 7 Seas Grocery in Jamaica and on to The General Store across from Pirates for bfast tacos-tasty and the folks there are so friendly and funny! Hung out at the house for a while, dressed and headed into town to eat lunch at the Flamingo-our first time there and friend's first lunch there. Waiter was nice but a bit of an overchatter, he sold us on the bbq shrimp that were good-not great and he forgot our meat pie. Friend had shrimp sampler that was tasty and interesting, hubs had fried shrimp plate that was tasty, I had half shrimp poboy that was tasty and chicken and sausage gumbo that was a little heavy on poultry seasoning but good. Hostesses were very friendly and let us check out the party room and such. We headed to Kroger to pick up a Mardi Gras cake and some essentials and on to our house. We booked a 4/3 in town for Mardi Gras weekend, house is a cool old house that's been added on to and was very nice, pm me if you're interested in home info. 2 other couples arrived and we all soaked up some sun on the patio and enjoyed some cocktails well into the evening. Cabbed over to Cajun Greek for a good dinner of fried stuff, friend didn't like her spicy fried crabs-said too spicy and meat flaked apart, too hard to eat, rest of the food was good, not great but prices are reasonable and Anna our waitress was friendly so a good experience all around, cabbed back, more back deck, more drinks.

Friday morning a couple of the guys were up early and headed to bfast at Sunflower and brought back some cinnamon rolls and such to share with us later sleepers. Hubs and I headed to Maceo's for fantastic sandwiches for lunch and to pick up spices and tea. Ran into some other friends and visited a while and then off to do some shopping at the Antique Warehouse and along Post Office St and then the Strand. LA Kings for ice cream and some candy to go-yum. Back to the house to meet the last couple driving in and a little more deck time before heading to Black Pearl Oyster bar for a tasty dinner-again great waiter, really good food for good price. I wanted to go to Strand, others were tired so it ended up being an early night, sadly we were in pj's by 10pm-next year we're going to do better!

Saturday morning up early and one of the other girls and I headed to ShyKatz for bfast, I had yummy biscuits n gravy and bacon, friend had bfast sandwich and potatoes, people next to us had amazing looking french toast that I was jealous of. We were kind enough to bring our hubbies back some bfast. Hubs and I went to check out pre-parade floats then we all met at Murdochs for drinks then on to Shrimp n Stuff for lunch-except I'm not hungry yet so I just visited. Then on to shopping then one of the girls and I, of course I'm hungry after so BLT at Mosquito for me, yummy. Naps and then ready to head to the Strand for the Momus parade and fun, easy cab ride over, caught a lot of beads, threw a lot of beads, took some crazy pictures then on to Olympic Grill on the Pier for a good dinner with another great waiter-Tony. I talked my way onto a fantastic yaght-that even had a helicopter-where I got some pictures, how sweet is that!? We went back through the Strand and finally were able to catch a cab back where some of us crashed and others stayed up drinking on the deck-the deck was the weekend theme.

Sunday up, dressed, packed, vehicles loaded and off to Mosquito for a delicious brunch, all bfasts and lunches were great with another great waiter. Sadly then we headed back to North Texas.

Dallas, Texas
reviews: 64
1. Re: Another fun Mardi Gras

It sounds like a fun time was had by all. Thanks for sharing!

Cypress, Texas
reviews: 6
2. Re: Another fun Mardi Gras

Great review! Thanks for sharing.

3. Re: Another fun Mardi Gras

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, February 16, 2014