We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Inverness By The Sea Galveston TX

Which Galveston hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Dallas, Texas
reviews: 5
Inverness By The Sea Galveston TX

I need to trade a time share on RCI. The only place in Galveston the week I need to book is Invernesss by the Sea. Most reviews are 1-3 years old and are terrifying. I'm not expecting modern, but I do require clean, no roaches, responsive staff, etc. Any feedback on this place recently?

38 replies to this topic
Dallas, Texas
1. Re: Inverness By The Sea Galveston TX

I could really use some help. Has anyone been to this resort in the last few months?

Indianapolis...
2. Re: Inverness By The Sea Galveston TX

Just wondering if you ever received any info on Inverness? Thanks as we are considering it.

DJ

Dallas, Texas
3. Re: Inverness By The Sea Galveston TX

Hi. I did not stay at Inverness, and have had no replies. On the bright side, my daughter checked it out for me in person and told me it would meet my lower standards. She rcommended I take my own pillows! It is a bit off the beaten path. As long as you know it's not a Ritz Carlton, you should be fine. I would stay there based on what I've seen. Have been to Galveston twice. I like Hotel Galvez. They have a nice brunch and pool.

Dallas, Texas
4. Re: Inverness By The Sea Galveston TX

I have booked Inverness in May. I can let you know then, if not too late.

Indianapolis...
5. Re: Inverness By The Sea Galveston TX

That would be great!

Thanks

Houston, Texas
reviews: 6
6. Re: Inverness By The Sea Galveston TX

The location is great. Staff is very helpful. The rooms are cute. Not the most modern accommodations but a nice place for the value.

Dallas, Texas
7. Re: Inverness By The Sea Galveston TX

Well, we stayed at IBTS, Galveston Memorial Day week. I personally would not characterize it as "cute." However, it is a great value, providing your expectations are appropriate. Best things; great staff, location, cold AC, covered parking, view of beach (across blvd.), roomy. Worst things; low end appliances (large & small), awful bed (cannot even express how awful), general deferred maintanence - blinds missing rods and falling down, worn furniture, slow drain in tub, subpar kitchen utensils (Teflon flaking pans). That said, we stayed 5 nights, one more than planned b/c we relaxed so much our backs started to hurt less than first few nights. Just know what to expect and not expect and you'll have a good time at Inverness. Get seafood at the Pier and boil in your pot brought from home. Bring your own pillows too. Our unit had W/D, but too scary to use. I would go back, but will rent a house next time for something different.

reviews: 54
8. Re: Inverness By The Sea Galveston TX

Stayed here July 30-August 4 2012. Nice, Quiet, Affordable, Staff Very Friendly. Will book this again next time I come to Galveston. Rooms are nice, roomy, comes with a washer-dryer in unit. Comfortable, home away from home and close to everything. Can't find on trip advisor on how to write a review but this post should do for everyone. I booked through my vacation club and will let them know they did well in finding me this place on short notice.

reviews: 2
9. Re: Inverness By The Sea Galveston TX

Good to hear! We will be there this weekend.

Kent, Ohio
reviews: 34
10. Re: Inverness By The Sea Galveston TX

How was it? I am booked there for November

Reply to: Inverness By The Sea Galveston TX
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Galveston