We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

what to do&eat for a family of 6 in July

Which Galveston hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Dallas
reviews: 11
what to do&eat for a family of 6 in July

Hi, My family of hubby,me, mother-in-law, and 3 boys 12,10,6 are staying in Galveston beach in Sea Isle in a beachfront home rental. I was wondering where to go with the kids restaurants(reasonable) and where to go (not too expensive), and any tips you may have? Thanks in advance

Spring/Houston, TX
Destination Expert
for Houston
reviews: 93
11. Re: what to do&eat for a family of 6 in July

Joe's Crab Shack is where we like to go, it is right on the seawall. There is indoor/outdoor seating, a sand pit for the kids

Spring/Houston, TX
Destination Expert
for Houston
12. Re: what to do&eat for a family of 6 in July

Joe's Crab Shack is where we like to go, it is right on the seawall. There is indoor/outdoor seating, a sand pit for the kids to play i

Spring/Houston, TX
Destination Expert
for Houston
13. Re: what to do&eat for a family of 6 in July

Joe's Crab Shack is where we like to go, it is right on the seawall. There is indoor/outdoor seating, a sand pit for the

Spring/Houston, TX
Destination Expert
for Houston
14. Re: what to do&eat for a family of 6 in July

Sorry about the repeat replies, looks like the computer was malfunctioning.

Lake Jackson, TX
reviews: 17
15. Re: what to do&eat for a family of 6 in July

Joe's is good... there are plenty places along Seawll Blvd.. Casey's is next to Gaido's Rest and is owned by the same family, the food is great...and cheaper.. although, Gaido's is about the best you can get for real Seafood down here.....don't miss the Rainforest Cafe for the kids, tho.. it's not cheap.. but it's an adventure for your kids. they will love it.. also , along the Strand Blvd downtown, lots and lots of shops and little resturarants that are not pricey... There;s a miniature golf place along Seawall my kids love... and a new Schlitterbahn right at Moody Gardens... check out the web sites for Galveston.. you can get an idea of eats and prices... dh

League City, Texas
reviews: 4
16. Re: what to do&eat for a family of 6 in July

IMHO, I think Gaido's is overrated and expensive. Fisherman's Wharf on the harbor is really good seafood and a great atmosphere. You can park there and walk across the street to the Strand District. There is also a Joe's Crab Shack on the harbor also (we like it better than the one on the Seawall), less crowded and has an ice cream shop!) And a Willie G's. Be sure to have your receipt validated if you eat at any of the places at the harbor so you don't have to pay for parking and they have parking right in front of them. The Strand is very nice with a lot of neat, unique shops. LaKings is a great place for kids (and adults!) its an old fashioned ice cream parlor and candy shop, you can watch them make the taffy and they will throw you a sample. There is also a Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory, YUM. There is also a Fuddruckers, they have great burgers and it is a great atmosphere also, right off the Strand, you will see it. If you like Mexican, try the Original Mexican Cafe at 14th and Market St- Very Good and excellent Margaritas! One more- the Sunflower Bakery, across the street from the Original Mexican Cafe! I could go on and on, Galveston is great and I hope you have a great time!

Dallas
reviews: 11
17. Re: what to do&eat for a family of 6 in July

thanks for the advice. Here in Dallas we do have Joe's which I don't care for and Rainforest Cafe, ok and expensive. I'll try the good local food that's not real expensive . Thanks

What some fun stuff to do that won't be too much with kids?

Houston
reviews: 13
18. Re: what to do&eat for a family of 6 in July

Well lets see - the beach is free and then you can try Moody Gardens, Schlitterbahn Water Park ($35 pp), The Flight Museum, THe Railroad Museum, Tour the big ship Elissa, there is a ghost tour - not sure what nights, check out www.galveston.com

Houston
reviews: 13
19. Re: what to do&eat for a family of 6 in July

You'll find plenty of places to eat w/o having to go to the chains you have at home. Yagas on the Strand is fun. There is a place on the beach (don't know the name) but it is the first thing you come to as soon as you turn into Stewart Beach and it doesn't look like much but good burgers, salads, beach food. Also on the seawall a little Greek place (starts with a D) tucked away in a strip center. There is a Wings souveniers on the corner of that center.

These are pricier but good - Saltwater Grill, Rudy & Pacos, Pics on 45th.

20. Re: what to do&eat for a family of 6 in July

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:18 pm, September 03, 2009