We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Stockyards & rodeo outing

Which Fort Worth hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Dallas
reviews: 17
Stockyards & rodeo outing

Taking out-of-towners to Ft. Worth, doing stockyards, cattle drive, rodeo, & Billy Bob's (maybe); either Fri. Dec. 6 or Sat. Dec. 7. So, a couple of questions:

1) Do we need to buy tickets in advance for the Rodeo? Would love to wait to see which is the best day weather-wise, but not if it means we can't get tickets at the door.

2) BB's says they have parking from 11 AM. Is it OK to park in their lot in the early afternoon if that will be our last stop that night? If not, where is good to park?

Thanks!

7 replies to this topic
Grapevine, Texas
Destination Expert
for Grapevine
reviews: 57
1. Re: Stockyards & rodeo outing

The only specific I have to offer about the rodeo is this past summer, my cousin was unable to purchase same-day tickets when she tried to do so online. I think calling about availability at the door only got her an unhelpful recorded message. Since she was driving from Dallas, she didn't chance it - She just didn't go.

Kerens,Texas
reviews: 100
2. Re: Stockyards & rodeo outing

I think these holiday weekends are going to be popular for the rodeo so I would buy the ticket ahead if it is the high point for the visit, walk up if it isn't mission critical. We have parked at Billy Bob's over the years and it is easy and convenient, especially if you are ending the evening there.

I would not use the valet ever- crazy crowded.

Edited: 2:00 pm, November 22, 2013
Dallas
3. Re: Stockyards & rodeo outing

Thanks, both. Corollary question: does anyone know if the rodeo clowns are in "clown-face"? I watched their promo video and it seems the answer is yes, but we'd like confirmation. If yes, are they around for the entire show or just the bull-riding? Thanks again.

Tyler, Texas
reviews: 60
4. Re: Stockyards & rodeo outing

Coulrophobia?

Dallas
5. Re: Stockyards & rodeo outing

Yup; got one person and don't want him to be uncomfortable....

Tyler, Texas
reviews: 60
6. Re: Stockyards & rodeo outing

I'm with you

Texas
reviews: 126
7. Re: Stockyards & rodeo outing

I'm not absolutely sure, but as I recall the clowns are in the arena only during the bull riding event. And yes they do have face paint.

Reply to: Stockyards & rodeo outing
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted