We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

TCU visitors need help!

Which Fort Worth hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Overland Park...
reviews: 14
TCU visitors need help!

College Search this weekend!

Have hotel (Homewood Suites Ft.Worth at Fossil Creek),

not going to game- but want to wander around and people watch, check out tailgating,

explore campus.

Restaurant advice for TCU classics (if we can get in?), or good sunday breakfast/brunch with atmosphere? We are in city Sat - Monday noon.

TCU girls would want to shop where?

Any tips or Ft. Worth/Dallas dining or shopping musts- fun for high school daughter, mom and dad

Grapevine, Texas
Destination Expert
for Grapevine
reviews: 58
1. Re: TCU visitors need help!

Near campus eats: Fuzzy Taco Shop (this is the original), Dutch's Burgers and a few blocks away, Mellow Mushroom.

Besides downtown's walkable Sundance Square, other restaurant areas to explore in FW:

Near Southside on Magnolia Av, a revitalized and eclectic street with wonderful food and drink options. Suggestions - Ellerbe's and Nonna Tata (odd hours) fortworthsouth.org/community/…

West 7th (at University) - Fred's Hamburgers (outside seating please) is a FW legend http://www.west-7th.com/

My brunch selection in FW is Cafe Modern inside the Modern Art Museum of Fort Worth.

Driving to Dallas (30 miles east) opens a host of other choices, including La Duni in Northpark Center - your not to miss, luxury shopping requirement in Dallas. Also in Dallas with shopping and restaurants, West Village in Uptown. For brunch options in Dallas, I suggest opening a new topic

Premier Outlets with many brand stores, is located in Grand Prairie between Dallas and Fort Worth.

I've recently discovered there are Segway Tours in FW - do it! :)

Edited: 10:05 am, September 25, 2013
Overland Park...
reviews: 14
2. Re: TCU visitors need help!

KarinLB, thanks- looks like way more than we'll get to this time- but I know we won't go hungry!

Love naming spots 'legends'- just what I'm after.

Fort Worth, Texas
reviews: 37
3. Re: TCU visitors need help!

I second the Fred's recommendation, except to say the inside experience is also great and a completely different experience than you get outside. Something else that is fairly new in that general area is the drive in movie venue. http://www.coyotedrive-in.com it has a lot going on and is a fun night.

Kerens,Texas
reviews: 99
4. Re: TCU visitors need help!

The Modern is my favorite but the Kimbell is good too. Also check out Blue Mesa on University and Reata downtown.

Not my favorite for pancakes but 'Ol South Pancake House on University has been around a long time so a TCU grad or two has wandered in after a tough night.

Kerens,Texas
reviews: 99
5. Re: TCU visitors need help!

Since you are staying in the Fossil Creek area, you might consider stopping in at Chef Point Cafe in Watauga- best food ever at a gas station (but nothing to do with the TCU area).

www.chefpointcafe.org

Fort Worth, Texas
reviews: 37
6. Re: TCU visitors need help!

Good idea. Chef's Point is very good. Also being in that area you will actually be closer to Fred's second location. It is still good food, but you loose the atmosphere of the original.

reviews: 3
7. Re: TCU visitors need help!

A great restaurant that scores high on people watching and food is The Woodshed Smokehouse. It is located on the Trinity River, not far from campus. Outdoor patio seating allows you to listen to music when someone is playing out there as well as watch runners, walkers and cyclists going by on the Trinity Trails.

8. Re: TCU visitors need help!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, September 29, 2014