We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How can I get from Hyatt Place Cityview to the Stockyards?

Which Fort Worth hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Florida
reviews: 2
How can I get from Hyatt Place Cityview to the Stockyards?

I won a trip to go to Willie Nelson 4th of July picnic. That is great, but it only includes airfare, hotel, and tickets to the event. so we are on our own to get to/from airport (plan to take supershuttle) and the picnic at the Stockyards. It looks like it is almost impossible to get there and back by bus (at least 2 hours each way, and no busses that late at night). I can't make heads or tails of the DART system. I understand traffic and parking and closed streets will make it no fun to rent a car. Is a taxi my only choice? Thanks for any insight!

Grapevine, Texas
Destination Expert
for Grapevine
reviews: 58
1. Re: How can I get from Hyatt Place Cityview to the Stockyards?

1) Is your hotel choice restricted to Hyatt Pl Cityview? It is VERY south of downtown FW and the Stockyards are north of FW.

2) Same with the hotel/(DFW) airport logistics, so transfer will be unnecessarily high.

3) DART is Dallas' transit system - unavailable in FW, so it's not an option. You want to look at FW's The-T for bus transit.

If possible, it would be much more practical if you had lodging along I-35, north of FW. Otherwise, short of driving and parking in the stockyard area, you could drive into FW proper, park (maybe in the downtown area) and take a cab or bus the rest of the way.

Florida
reviews: 2
2. Re: How can I get from Hyatt Place Cityview to the Stockyards?

Thank you KarinLB. Because I won it, I have no say in the hotel. Yes, I looked at google maps and saw how far apart the two are...I am wondering if they have a contract with Hyatt or if all the hotels are sold out. The woman who arranged it said it was "only" about 10 miles away. Yes, but very congested miles, I am guessing. I may just go to Ft Worth and enjoy the weekend, not worrying about seeing Willie Nelson and the others...sigh.

Grapevine, Texas
Destination Expert
for Grapevine
reviews: 58
3. Re: How can I get from Hyatt Place Cityview to the Stockyards?

Fort Worth is an easy city to navigate. It appears the Hyatt is on/near I-20/820 on the south side. Traveling east to I-35 north, to just north of downtown would place you only about a mile east of the Stockyards. http://www.williespicnic.com/#!lodging/c1fnz

Depending on the number of days you're here, the expense of round-trip Super Shuttle (about 40 miles one-way) and picnic-to/from cab fare (about 20 miles - check mapquest), may pay for the cost of a one or two day budget car rental. Maybe worth checking. Downside: Partaking of adult libations..... :(

4. Re: How can I get from Hyatt Place Cityview to the Stockyards?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, June 19, 2014