We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Barbecue and Cowboy boots. Coming from MN, need help

Which Fort Worth hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Twin Cities
reviews: 2
Barbecue and Cowboy boots. Coming from MN, need help

Coming from MN and looking for suggestions for authentic barbecue and where to shop for cowgirl boots. Would prefer them to be made in USA, but don't want to spend too much (Under $200) if that's possible. I'll be staying in Euless, so any suggestions in Fort Worth or Dallas are welcome.

Thanks so much

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Midland, Austin
reviews: 8
1. Re: Barbecue and Cowboy boots. Coming from MN, need help

Cavender's Boot City is a safe choice. They are a chain of western wear stores. There is one on Dallas and one in Fort Worth. Www.cavenders.com

Texas
reviews: 40
2. Re: Barbecue and Cowboy boots. Coming from MN, need help

Best BBQ in the area is Pecan Lodge in Dallas. For cheap boots, Fincher's at the stockyards in Fort Worth, Justin discount boots in Justin, or Cavenders several locations in the metroplex. Quality boots are going to be more in the $500 range (for women's I would go to Maverick's at the stockyards in Fort Worth)

Grapevine, Texas
Destination Expert
for Grapevine
reviews: 58
3. Re: Barbecue and Cowboy boots. Coming from MN, need help

I would recommend an day/evening in the Stickyards for entertainment, but not for serious shopping. As a tourist area, you'll pay tourist prices and often receive sub-standard product. That said, there are a few stores offering very high quality, some custom made, boots and hats to be purchased in the stockyards, but be prepared to open your wallet wide.

See a mock cattle drive twice daily, have a burger at Love Shack, see a rodeo (Fri/Sat night) or TX Cowboy Hall of Fame - more.

http://www.fortworthstockyards.org/

Kerens,Texas
reviews: 99
4. Re: Barbecue and Cowboy boots. Coming from MN, need help

There's a Cavenders and a Shepplers on Centennial Drive in Arlington. Both are large western wear stores. As far as American made boots- they are still out there but you have to look carefully. A large number are made in China and Mexico.

North Main BBQ in Euless is pretty good. If you get into Fort Worth, try Angelo's on White Settlement.

Swansboro , NC
reviews: 105
5. Re: Barbecue and Cowboy boots. Coming from MN, need help

There is a Justin Boot Outlet in Fort Worth. You may find something there in your price range.

We have also bought boots in the Stockyards at Finchers.

Edited: 11:59 am, May 28, 2013
Texas
reviews: 9
6. Re: Barbecue and Cowboy boots. Coming from MN, need help

There's a Cavender's in Hurst about 15 minutes from downtown FW - they have a great selection and a wide variety of prices. Boot shopping can be like jean or swimsuit shopping - it can take awhile to find the fit and style you like. If you plan on wearing them often at home, spend the extra $ and get a good brand. If you aren't planning on wearing them often, you can get away with spending less. I'm a die hard Lucchese fan. Whatever you pick, take 'em for a spin on the dance floor at Billy Bob's.

Try Railhead BBQ in FW and enjoy a cold one on their patio. Or go to Joe T Garcia's for Tex Mex and great margaritas. Or Shinjuku Station for sushi.

Enjoy your trip!

Florida
reviews: 1
7. Re: Barbecue and Cowboy boots. Coming from MN, need help

I second Railhead for Texas BBQ. I much prefer the South Carolina type but don't miss Railhead when in town.

Fort Worth, Texas
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
8. Re: Barbecue and Cowboy boots. Coming from MN, need help

not sure why someone would recommend some place in dallas no one has heard of...i would go with coopers bbq across from billy bobs..the mother store in llano voted best bbq in texas many times. this is second store..luskeys, finchers, in the stockyards will fill you boot needs...cowboys and bbq all in the stockyards

reviews: 8
9. Re: Barbecue and Cowboy boots. Coming from MN, need help

BBQ everywhere. But, don't miss Joe T Garcias for Tex-Mex. in Stockyards area

Texas
reviews: 40
10. Re: Barbecue and Cowboy boots. Coming from MN, need help

I live west of Fort Worth and think Coopers is best in Fort Worth, but it does not compare to the Pecan Lodge in Dallas. And I am not the only one that thinks so. For some place no one has ever heard of, it was just voted top 5 best BBQ by Texas Monthly.