We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Questions on Hotels and Bull Riding/Rodeo?

Which Fort Worth hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Neutral Bay...
reviews: 94
Questions on Hotels and Bull Riding/Rodeo?

Hi,

We are going to the Dallas/Fort Worth area in August and will be there just for two days/one night.

I am tossing up between staying at the Hyatt Place Fort Worth Historic Stockyards which will cost me $140 incl tax or staying in Dallas itself at the Fairmont which I can get for $70 incl tax.

Basically our plan is to:

Arrive Fort Worth on Saturday check out Stockyards, watch the Bull Riding at Billy Bobs or either the Stockyards Championship Rodeo...your thoughts appreciated on this one?? Checkout Billy Bobs in the evening and have dinner in the Stockyards area.

Next day - Sunday we were going to head over to Dallas to visit the 6th floor museum and check out downtown.

Not sure if we plan to drink at Billy Bobs we will see what the vibe is like but if we are going to drive to Dallas I don't mind not drinking.

Would you stay at Stockyards at the Hyatt Place or in Dallas Downtown Fairmont?

Look forward to your feedback

Cheers!

Texas
reviews: 51
1. Re: Questions on Hotels and Bull Riding/Rodeo?

If money isn't a big issue, I'd lean toward staying at the Hyatt Place. You can easily walk to Billy Bob's, the rodeo, everything in the stockyards plus you'd have an air conditioned room to take a break from the August heat.

Kerens,Texas
reviews: 99
2. Re: Questions on Hotels and Bull Riding/Rodeo?

I agree with Blacklab-staying at the Hyatt is so convenient and you don't have to worry about heading over to Dallas after a full day in the Stockyards. The question of rodeo vs bull riding depends on how much rodeo you want to see. The bull riding at Billy Bob's is a single event while the rodeo gives you several hours of different events plus the full experience. I would lean toward the rodeo then hit Billy Bob's for music and dancing. Plus there are several other music/bar venues including the White Elephant Saloon and Pearl's that are fun.

Austin, Texas
reviews: 3
3. Re: Questions on Hotels and Bull Riding/Rodeo?

If you have time check out the brand new Ross Perot Science Museum in downtown Dallas. I am hearing great things about it:

http://www.perotmuseum.org

There is also and art museum area nearby if you are into art museums:

http://www.dfwart.com/dfwmuseums.html

Arlington, Texas
reviews: 70
4. Re: Questions on Hotels and Bull Riding/Rodeo?

Yes- enjoy your stay in Fort Worth. Get a good night's sleep before heading to Dallas. There will be minimal traffic on Sunday morning. The Sixth Floor Museum opens at 10am on Sunday.

A great place for brunch when you're done is the State & Allen Lounge. stateandallen.calwink.com/contact.html. Try the chef's special that day. Always delicious. It is but a 10-minute drive from the museum.

I second the suggestion for the Perot. It opens at Noon. So- Sixth Floor, brunch, then Perot. Sounds good to me! ;)

Have a good trip!

5. Re: Questions on Hotels and Bull Riding/Rodeo?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, April 28, 2014