We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which hotel for the money?

Which Fort Worth hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Spery, Iowa
reviews: 80
Which hotel for the money?

OK, looks like Fort Worth lodging is more confusing than I anticipated. The Best Western I booked is too far from where we will spend most of our time, which is not the Navy Base. SO, I have a few new options to consider.

Would you pick: Hampton Fossil Creek- 107 or 125 for a suite.

Hilton Garden 113

or save the bucks and go for the Super 8 at 68 a night?

Spery, Iowa
1. Re: Which hotel for the money?

oh, 3 adult women for 4 nights in the room.

San Antonio, TX
Destination Expert
for San Antonio
reviews: 53
2. Re: Which hotel for the money?

I've go no personal experience with those hotels, so I'm of now help there. I use HotWire or PriceLine for 99% of my hotels. Not knowing you dates for travel, I chose 6/14-6/18 and got a 3-Star in the "North Fort Worth Area" for $68 per night. I would not recommend anything under a 3-star on these sites. You might want to check for yourself.

Spery, Iowa
3. Re: Which hotel for the money?

thanks. Good to know about the 3 star recommendation for the area. I will check that. but I hesitate to use those sites, as you can not guarantee 2 beds and we have 3 adults. we are arriving May 10, leaving May 14.

Kerens,Texas
reviews: 99
4. Re: Which hotel for the money?

Where do you plan to spend most of your time? Fort Worth is actually quite easy to drive around and places are not too far apart. All the budget chain hotels in the Fossil Creek area, on the north side, are not that much closer to downtown than the Best Western, on the west side, that you had originally posted about.

Grapevine, Texas
Destination Expert
for Grapevine
reviews: 58
5. Re: Which hotel for the money?

What you're running into is that Fort Worth, while not a majorly large city, is a "city" none the less and covers a lot of territory, ie, is spread out. You'll never find lodging that will have you only a 10 minute drive to everything. The good news is, Fort Worth's rush hour is not nearly as congested as say.... Dallas. Better, if you plan your outings such that you're not driving in the middle of rush hour, you can drive east/west cross town on I-30 in 20ish minutes or north/south on I-35 in a little more (southbound from north 820 into downtown has construction which cause delays even on weekends).

Because of my latter statement, you'd probably be better to stay west of downtown rather than north - just a suggestion - not to mention the Naval Base is west. Fort Worth is truly an easy city to drive. If you'd prefer driving surface streets rather than highways, there are a number of options to take you e/w/n/s, but I'd advise pulling up a map and becoming familiar with the area.

I hope you enjoy your stay!

Spery, Iowa
6. Re: Which hotel for the money?

I will be connecting each day with my son, who will be in Keller, and we will be heading out for activities from there. I personally will NOT be driving, but he suggested it was easiest to pick a hotel nearby- not necessarily the best location for downtown. However, he has not been in the area long (Marine stationed at the Reserve Base) so has no personal recommendations for hotels. Said Fossil Creek was close, so I went with things I found, and we want 2 queen beds, not doubles. I was told that the first hotel I booked BW) was too far from Keller, so I looked at these others. And yes, I am a rural girl- no stop lights in the 2 closest towns, lol. I am looking forward to my visit for sure!!

Spery, Iowa
7. Re: Which hotel for the money?

to clarify- he will be at a friends in Keller, not on the base for the weekend.

Kerens,Texas
8. Re: Which hotel for the money?

OK- that helps knowing about Keller.Staying in the Fossil Creek/820 area makes sense now. You even look at the hotels near Western Center Blvd (Comfort Inn, HIE, Best Western) or Alliance Airport (Hampton Inn, Hilton Gareden Inn, Comfort Suites) along I- 35W north of 820

Spery, Iowa
9. Re: Which hotel for the money?

sorry- just got the Keller location clarified- would have been better to get more specific info before posting! Thanks for the help!! Called Hilton, still doing both indoor and outdoor construction, reviews said it was very noisy mornings, so that may be a deal breaker. I'm leaning toward the Hampton 2 queen suite for the extra space, indoor pool & hot tub and free breakfast (although we will eat out some anyway). Reviews mention it is hard to get to- is that a deal breaker? I am over thinking I know! I just need someone to say "XYZ" is the perfect hotel at the perfect price :D

Kerens,Texas
10. Re: Which hotel for the money?

I don't think the construction is a deal breaker, especially since you did your homework and are aware of it. The Hampton is on the side of 820 that is more residential and light industrial, well off the highway so less noise Good details on those TA reviews. Definitely go to the Chef Pointe Cafe in Watauga if you get a chance. Really good food.

www.chefpointecafe.org

Edited: 1:05 pm, April 29, 2013