We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visiting TCU - Where to Stay

Which Fort Worth hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Brooklyn
Visiting TCU - Where to Stay

We will be visiting TCU next weekend. On a previous visit we stayed one night at the Holiday Inn Express, about three miles from campus, which was okay but sort of in the middle of nowhere. This time we'd like to stay someplace more interesting but still convenient to TCU. Should we stay in Sundance Square, the Stockyards or close to the school? Our son will be deciding if he wants to spend the next four years at TCU so what will help him (and us) get a good feel for the city and the school?

Big D
Destination Expert
for Tulum, Dallas
reviews: 6
1. Re: Visiting TCU - Where to Stay

Just down the street on University, there are a couple of hotels. I can't remember exactly what....maybe a Residence Inn or something.

Kerens,Texas
reviews: 99
2. Re: Visiting TCU - Where to Stay

There are some hotels on University/Trinity Park area. However, I would recommend staying downtown in Sundance Square to get more of a feeling for Fort Worth. It's a few miles further from campus but there are lots of places to eat and entertainment venues. And you have probably already figured out that everything is fairly easy to get to in FW.

Arlington, TX
Destination Expert
for Fort Worth
reviews: 342
3. Re: Visiting TCU - Where to Stay

I'd say Sundance might be more touristy-but fun. check out the 7th st area, i believe its a Marriot Residence or maybe Townplace or Springhill suites by the new 7th st shopping/dining/entertainment area. u'd be also be near Freds, Magnolia Motor Lounge, Pops Safari and near Montgomery plaza!

TX
reviews: 28
4. Re: Visiting TCU - Where to Stay

I agree with BeachbumAggie. The new hotel (believe it's a Residence Inn by Marriott) that is just behind the complex housing Love Shack, Barcadia, etc. would be an excellent location. There are wonderful restaurants and bars, shops, a movie theater, Lucky Strike Lanes, etc. in this part of town.

Seminole
reviews: 21
5. Re: Visiting TCU - Where to Stay

SpringHill Suites on University Drive just north of TCU!

Benbrook, Texas
reviews: 59
6. Re: Visiting TCU - Where to Stay

There are some nice mid-range properties along University near TCU, but I would stay in Downtown since it will gove you a better feel about how Fort Worth is. There are more things to do downtown and you are also close to the new 7th Street development that has been discussed. I would recomend either the Omni, which is only a couple of years old. The Ashton is a nice smaller boutique hotel, but can be expensive when compared to other hotels. The Courtyard by Marriot in downtown is also nice.

7. Re: Visiting TCU - Where to Stay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:17 am, June 19, 2013