This is our plan for a one-day trip to Dallas. The date is going to be 12-Dec (Thursday). We are a family of 4, with 2 children of almost 6 and almost 3.
1. About 10 AM: Drive into Dallas. We are spending the previous night in Temple, TX, and plan to start from there by 7:30-7:45 AM.
2. Drive to the Dealey's plaza and park there. Visit the Sixth Floor Museum, JFK Memorial and the Old Red Courthouse there. Plan to get these done by 11:30. (Is that reasonable?)
3. Walk to the Dallas World Aquarium. Spend about 4 hours there, including lunch. Leave by 4 PM. (Is that reasonable)?
4. Cab to the Reunion Tower. Go to the top, enjoy the view. Come down by 5:30 PM.
6. Have an early dinner.
Questions (any tip will be helpful):
1. Is this a reasonable plan? Is there anything important/big that I am grossly missing, giving the non-compromisable time constraint? I included the aquarium purely for the kids' entertainment.
2. The Sixth Floor Museum website says $ 5 daily rate parking is available at the location. Is this a good place to park? Anyone knows if they will remian open till about 8 PM, or will they close when the museum closes?
3. Is the plan ok for kids of that age, or too hectic/tiresome?
4. Are the time estimates ok? About 1.5 hours for Dealey Plaza, Sixth Florr museum, JFK Memorial and Old Red Courthouse. About 4 hours in the aquarium, including lunch. About 1 hour for the Reunion Tower.
5. Any suggestion regarding a good place for a quick bite (vs an elaborate restaurant) - in the walk between Pioneer Plaza and the Dealey's Plaza?
Thanks for all the help.