We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2 brothers 2 day stop over in dallas

Which Dallas hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Surfers Paradise...
2 brothers 2 day stop over in dallas

Hi! Myself and my brother are from Australia and have a two night stop over in Dallas. We were hoping to see Fortworth for a day and Dallas for a day. We will not have a car so were planning to use public transport. Can someone suggest a good place to stay for a southern experience that would be safe within walking distance of bars and restaurants

ARLINGTON, TX
1. Re: 2 brothers 2 day stop over in dallas

Hi !

There is an area just south of DFW airport. There are 3 really nice hotels. They consist of a Marriott, A Holiday Inn and a Candlewood Inn. I will include a link. I recommend this area because of it transportation location. The TRE commuter rail has a stop. It goes to Downtown FW and Downtown Dallas. The hotels have airport and rail station shuttles. There are appox. 15 small restaurants and The Marriott and Holiday Inn have restaurants and night clubs. There are also 3 sports bars and a couple other bars with in walking distance. 10 minutes in every direction for anything you want. This is where American Airlines HQ is. It also is the neighborhood for the Flight Attendant training center.

marriott.com/hotels/…

holidayinn.com/hotels/…

ichotelsgroup.com/candlewood/…hoteldetail

ARLINGTON, TX
2. Re: 2 brothers 2 day stop over in dallas

Warning TRE does not run in Sunday.

Fort Worth, TX
reviews: 35
3. Re: 2 brothers 2 day stop over in dallas

I second the recommendation for the Candlewood. It's where I have my mother stay whenever she's in town. Each of their rooms has a little kitchenette, which is handy if you want to make a little breakfast in the morning. And, like Dale B said, you can walk to the TRE station, and hook into the public transportation system that way.

Dallas, Texas
Destination Expert
for Dallas
reviews: 30
4. Re: 2 brothers 2 day stop over in dallas

Also, be aware that the TRE is really focused on business commuters so the trains run more frequently during traffic rush hours and end service around 10pm. So you might be clubbing in either city and have to take a taxi back to the hotel.

Garland, Texas
reviews: 13
5. Re: 2 brothers 2 day stop over in dallas

Fort Worth is much more walk friendly than Dallas. The Sundance Square area is full of restaurants, shops, and hotels.

Fort Worth, Texas
reviews: 1
6. Re: 2 brothers 2 day stop over in dallas

Good day mate.

Unfortunately, DFW airport is located between Fort Worth and Dallas. Before you look for a hotel, there Is a railroad called the Trinity Railroad Express (TRE) that has a station near the airport (I think the Irving or Bell helicopter station is closest to DFW airport) if you find a hotel close to the stations you can ride the train to fort worth or Dallas. It is only $5 or 7 for all day pass or you can get single tickets. Once in Fort Worth there are a few things to do. Most people enjoy the Stockyards which is about 2 miles south of the downtown area. You can get your cowboy fix there. Lots of cowboy stuff, people dressed up like cowboys, horses and you can even pose for a picture on a texas longhorn steer. It is pretty far to walk but they have a thing called Molly the Trolley which is a little Trolley that will take you from several downtown stops, to the stockyards, the cultural and museum district a few miles west of town and other tourist areas. Im sure you can find their internet site. There are quite few restaurants and bars in downtown Fort Worth. In Dallas the trinity express stops at Union station which also has the Amtrak station as well as the DART which is the light rail system in Dallas which will talk you several places. There is the 6th floor depository museum within a couple blocks of the station where Oswald supposedly shot Kennedy which is pretty interesting and many restaurants and bars. It is tough without a car to get around. Dallas and Fort Worth are about 40 miles apart. I doubt renting a car is what you want to do but to see both cities you might think about it. Downtown hotels in Dallas and Fort Worth are pretty expensive but convenient Fort Worth is pretty safe, A lot of police presence, riding bikes around. I Don't spend a lot of time in Dallas but the professional basketball and hockey teams play there so lots of stuff to do, Hooters, House of Blues.etc....if I can be of anymore help let me know..

7. Re: 2 brothers 2 day stop over in dallas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, April 09, 2014