We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Might be moving to Bay City TX...

Which Bay City hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Bay City, Texas
reviews: 7
Might be moving to Bay City TX...

... we'll be there house hunting in May. Anyone want to suggest what to look for, in terms of good areas to live. I'd like to be in a community where neighbors are friendly. Also, any tips on good things to do, places to eat in that area would be welome.

Lake Jackson, TX
reviews: 16
1. Re: Might be moving to Bay City TX...

I live about 45 minutes away from Bay City .. in Lake Jackson.. so i guess it depends on where you will work.. Bay City is very small and a typical small Texas town.. not much around, but not that far from Houston when you need to do some serious shopping/eating/etc.. there are other towns in this area.. West Columbia , Brazoria, then of course, my area which is the larger area...Freeport/Lake Jackson/Angleton area... ( Dow Chemical) I've been here for years and you will be really surprised at the amount of house you get for your money here as opposed to the East... If you have any more questions.. let me know.. dh

Bay City, Texas
2. Re: Might be moving to Bay City TX...

Hubbie will be working at the nuke plant, so Bay City is the nearest town for us. It has a pop. of just under 20,000. I like the sound of all the nature preserves in the area, the ocean is close by and yes, houses are way less expensive then we're used to here in the east. I looked at Lake Jackson but that's a bit too much of a commute.

Granbury, Texas
reviews: 35
3. Re: Might be moving to Bay City TX...

Lived in Bay City for a year and a half. Met some of the best friends I'll ever have. Great people BUT not a great place to live. Lake Jackson area is MUCH better even with the commute.

Marina, California
Destination Expert
for Tucson
reviews: 96
4. Re: Might be moving to Bay City TX...

Bay City is very dull.

I've always liked Palacios. It's a smaller town, but it's interesting, on the water, and fairly close to the plant. Maybe look into it a bit.

You'll probably find yourself driving to Houston every weekend no matter what.

Bay City, Texas
5. Re: Might be moving to Bay City TX...

I don't want to live in Palacios cause Hubbie lived there for 17 years with his first wife. We're starting fresh, aiming for the suburbs of Bay City. We're older, not much into the "night life". Nice, friendly neighbors is my priority. Thanks for all the feedback, we fly out tomorrow, and will tour houses for sale on Monday.

6. Re: Might be moving to Bay City TX...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:27 am, September 01, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Bay City