We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Crowds starting May 8 ?

Which Pigeon Forge hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Lexington, Kentucky
reviews: 3
Crowds starting May 8 ?

I am passing through on May 8 coming back through plan to stay couple days starting May 20 any idea on how bad crowds/traffic will be ? I am thinking with all bad weather schools will be getting out later then normal so maybe it won't be as crowded ?

4 replies to this topic
Bedford, Indiana
reviews: 170
1. Re: Crowds starting May 8 ?

I would guess since most schools are still in session, it won't be horribly busy. A lot of schools opted for extra time each day to make up the missed days so their school year isn't extended. Our local school system did that.

Good luck!

Franklin, Ohio
reviews: 18
2. Re: Crowds starting May 8 ?

We were there around that time last year and it was really nice!! The crowds were low and the weather was great!

paintsville ky
Destination Expert
for Pigeon Forge, Gatlinburg
reviews: 26
3. Re: Crowds starting May 8 ?

Our school here in Eastern Ky. don't get out till May 30th instead of May 8th due to our bad winter, so I think you should be fine with the crowds. Hope you have a great trip.

Jeffersonville...
4. Re: Crowds starting May 8 ?

We were there the week of May 11th last year. We had no problem with crowds. No waiting anyplace, no traffic jams. Was leisurely and enjoyable.

Reply to: Crowds starting May 8 ?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted