We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Roller coaster type ride off Wears Valley Road

Which Pigeon Forge hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Murfreesboro, TN
Roller coaster type ride off Wears Valley Road

When we were thee in May we noticed that they were constructing a roller coaster type ride, on a hill, that was visible from Wears Valley Road. Anyone have any idea what that is and if it is open yet?

Southern Indiana
reviews: 29
11. Re: Roller coaster type ride off Wears Valley Road

If you plan to go, look for one of their pamphlets at places where they have tourism info - there is a $3 off one ticket coupon in it, good for up to 6 tickets.

Birmingham, Alabama
reviews: 33
12. Re: Roller coaster type ride off Wears Valley Road

Has anybody rode this? I would love to know what you thought. Hubby & son will be riding this next month. Just curious if it's worth the cost. Thanks for the tip, K9pal!

Saint Louis...
13. Re: Roller coaster type ride off Wears Valley Road

We were there last week for Vacation, and YES it is open! It is called the SMOKY MOUNTAIN ALPINE COASTER. It was GREAT! I have only ridden regular roller coasters, never one that it was just one single cart at a time. It works on a pulley system, and it takes about 5 minutes to get up to the top. You have levers on both sides of the cart and work your own brakes. I was nervous the first time I went down, and used the brakes where I saw signs of caution and to slow down. The second time I went down, I video taped it with my phone and did not use the brakes at all. The cost is $15/person, but you can get a deal for 4 adult tickets for $45. If I could of afforded it, I would have done it daily while I was there!

14. Re: Roller coaster type ride off Wears Valley Road

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, September 13, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Pigeon Forge