We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Things Not Too Miss

Which Pigeon Forge hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Lower Alabama
reviews: 2
Things Not Too Miss

Any suggestions on what to do ,we have already done, Dollywood and Splash Country, Dixie Stampede, Boyds Bear Factory,Ober Gatlinburg. We are coming in early Oct and will repeat some of these because they are great but was wondering was there something that may be great that we have missed doing in the past years. We will also drive through the park. We want to do the Aquarium this time ,we haven't done that before. Any pointers will be a help!!

Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
reviews: 65
1. Re: Things Not Too Miss

You mentioned driving through the national park, but how about getting out of the car there.

The national park has many choices of activities. Hiking, bicycling, horse-back riding, ranger programs, waterfalls to see, etc.

Check out the activities going on in the park when you arrive and plan some time in the great outdoors. You might be a little early for the leaf-color changes, but it will still be beauiful.

Lower Alabama
2. Re: Things Not Too Miss

Kat-cubs-fan Yes we will be getting out of the car but since I am handicapped hiking,horse-back riding and bicycling is only a dream but I do hope to see some water falls!!

Jacksonville...
reviews: 3
3. Re: Things Not Too Miss

Hey Tide-girl,

We'll be there the end of October. I think you would love the drive through Cades Cove. It has been a ritual with us for the past 25 years.

We always enjoy a picnic by the river at Greenbrier Park, up 321 from traffic light #3 in Gat. The area is peaceful and uncongested. We also drive the Arts and Crafts Loop which is in the same area. You will be able to pull right up to the shops and browse around.

Shows we have seen and enjoyed is Comedy Barn, Country Tonight, and Blackbear Jamboree in PF.

Where are you located in "lower Alabama" ? Your name Tide - Girl, is that for the beach or for our team....? Roll.......Tide.

Lower Alabama
4. Re: Things Not Too Miss

Hey, BSmith Tide-Girl is for Crimson Tide !!! I am an Alabama fan.

Jacksonville...
5. Re: Things Not Too Miss

That's good, now we have 2 things in common(Bama and the Smokies). We live 35 miles south of Tuscaloosa in West Central Alabama.

Be sure and pull up this web site that I use to check on new things/old things and just getting around. It's full of info.

www.discoversmokies.com

Park Forest, IL
reviews: 36
6. Re: Things Not Too Miss

I would go to the aquarium the tunnel is worth the price of admission by itself IMHO.

Chelsea, Alabama
reviews: 28
7. Re: Things Not Too Miss

Laurel Falls is a paved trail that has lots of benches. You know you capabilities, but if you are wheelchair bound, this waterfall would be accessible for you. Be sure to check out the Roaring Fork Motor Nature Trail off Airport Road in Gatlinburg. Some of the best views and streams can be found there without going far from your car. I know of one overlook in the fall where I love to go to get my "fall picture". I think it's the 2nd overlook (off to the left). The trees kinda frame your shot.

Have you been to Comedy Barn yet??? That's normally a good pick for most. Once again, depending on your accessibility, the Deer Petting Farm in Sevierville can be nice. My kids used to love going there.

By the way...ROLL TIDE! You've found another Bama fan!!

Mobile, Alabama
reviews: 8
8. Re: Things Not Too Miss

You have got to go to the Comdey Barn..it is great!!!, Cades Cove was awesome, can't wait till we get to go back to PF...another bama fan here as well!

Great Smoky...
reviews: 13
9. Re: Things Not Too Miss

Hey B we will to be going at the end of October too we had to change ours from September to the dates October 26-29 just a short trip this time because we have 2 dogs and 5 cats and a salt water aquarium to take care of my mom can only do so much for us while we are gone we dont want to put too much on her what do you have planned to do for that time when you go up and what are the dates you are going up we live in Oxford about 60 miles up I20 towards Atlanta

Jacksonville...
10. Re: Things Not Too Miss

Hey itlepeanut, so glad you did the Sept to Oct change. Remember we talked about checking those football schedules.

I have got to make definate date plans in the morning with the cabin company(private owners) in the morning cause I know they are gonna be booked if I don't hurry up. We generally stay in downtown Gat for a night and then move in to quiet solitude in PF to ride and do. It will be our 25th wedding anniversary. I know we will do the same rituals: Cades Cove, Comedy Barn, Arts and Crafts Loop, Putt Putt ( he lets me cheat), I will post more when I know the particulars.