We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tubing the Little River

Which Pigeon Forge hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Fishers, Indiana
reviews: 28
Tubing the Little River

I thought a 1/2 day tubing the Little River would be fun for 2 adults and a few 14 year olds...

I've just read some recent reviews from 2 different tubing companies and I'm now re-thinking this. Can anyone tell me if this is really safe? Is the river abnormally high right now? How long does it take to do this trip?

Some recent reviews make the river sound treacherous right now! Thanks.

7 replies to this topic
Townsend, Tennessee
Destination Expert
for Townsend, Great Smoky Mountains National Park
reviews: 16
1. Re: Tubing the Little River

Depending on flow rate, tubing can be a safe activity. The river is above normal levels for this time of year, today is running about 500 cfs or 2 to 3 times above historical averages. Not a lazy river right now. Call Smoky Mountain River Rat and ask their opinion - not sure they are even renting tubes today.

Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
reviews: 63
2. Re: Tubing the Little River

Too much rain recently to risk tubing right now. Rivers are flowing way above normal and very swift. Water rescues are occuring frequently.

The area is now more than 14 inches above normal in rainfall, and another several inches may occur over the next few days.

la la land
reviews: 6
3. Re: Tubing the Little River

Treacherous water levels this year huh - well I'll be! Just wanted to chime in that when we partook some years ago it was really calm and mellow. I got a little freaked at one point and found I could stand comfortably off the tube - water was probably waist deep.

Atlanta
4. Re: Tubing the Little River

Please DO NOT tube in the Little River until at least Sunday. Water levels at the Y at 8 AM were 6 times above normal.

Edited: 6:27 pm, July 05, 2013
5. Re: Tubing the Little River

Park Service and Townsend Fire & Rescue have been very busy plucking folks out of the water and getting them off of islands and so forth. Definitely not advisable to be in the water right now. Mt. LeConte has had 8" of rain since July 1.

Missouri
reviews: 55
6. Re: Tubing the Little River

We were also considering this as an activity, but the horror stories are, well .... horrible. What's up with this concrete/steel barrier at River Rat? Caught under branches? Isn't it shallow for the most part?

Ripley, West...
reviews: 1
7. Re: Tubing the Little River

Tubing is great fun but make sure you remove your jewelry, my husband lost his wedding ring while we were there :-(

Reply to: Tubing the Little River
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted