We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

caverns near pigeon forge

Which Pigeon Forge hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Wisconsin Dells...
caverns near pigeon forge

Are there any other caves that you can tour besides ruby falls?? Ive heard that it was a man made fall inside and I want to make sure that I get the best experience.

Athens, Alabama
reviews: 300
1. Re: caverns near pigeon forge

Forbidden Caverns in Sevierville, just outside of Pigeon Forge, is the only option near Pigeon Forge. Tuckaleechee Caverns is located in Townsend. The Lost Sea in Sweetwater is one of my favorites.

Savannah, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Gatlinburg, Maggie Valley, Pigeon Forge
reviews: 15
2. Re: caverns near pigeon forge

We haven't been to The Lost Sea yet, but it's on the list!

paintsville ky
Destination Expert
for Pigeon Forge, Gatlinburg
reviews: 26
3. Re: caverns near pigeon forge

We went to the Tuckaleechee Caverns in June and it was not that good, It was just ok. I wouldn't spend the money and do it again. I would rather see the mountains and the water falls that are free in the Park. Save your money and do something else. Now I have seen the Lost Sea when I was younger and I can remember it being beautiful, I think I would love to take hubby there one day.

Paris, Tn
Destination Expert
for Gatlinburg, Pigeon Forge
reviews: 22
4. Re: caverns near pigeon forge

The Lost Sea is Sweetwater was very emjoyable, and it was well worth the price of admission. I love watching the fish swimming around underneath the glass bottom boats. I also liked visiting the Tuckaleechee caverns in Townsend. I've never been to the Forbidden Caverns in Sevierville.

Edited: 2:12 pm, July 04, 2013
la la land
reviews: 6
5. Re: caverns near pigeon forge

I'm keeping these caves in mind for a future trip. Anyone care to state admission prices?

Athens, Alabama
reviews: 300
6. Re: caverns near pigeon forge

Lost Sea: $17.95 adult; $7.95 5-12, under 5 free

Tuckaleechee Caverns: $16.00 adult; $7.00 5-11; under 5 free

Forbidden Caverns: adults $14.00; 5-12 $8.00; under 5 free

In my opinion you get more for your money at Lost Sea.

Edited: 5:42 pm, July 05, 2013
Delaware
Destination Expert
for Rehoboth Beach
reviews: 662
7. Re: caverns near pigeon forge

I've been to both Tuckaleechee Caverns & Forbidden Caverns. Now, as far as which one you should do....

It depends on the experience you are seeking. Do you want all natural lighting or do you want to see colorful light shows? Do you want to see large formations or are smaller ones ok with you? Are you into climbing lots of stairs, bending, stooping OR do you prefer simple flat walking? Do you want to see an underground river & waterfall or just an underground river? Do you want a brief history lesson on native americans & moonshiners in the area during your tour?

I personally liked Tuchaleechee Caverns better than Forbidden Caverns as an overall experience. I enjoyed my tour there & wouldnt hesitate to visit it again. Forbidden Caverns was nice too, but not as impressive to me. I have written reviews & posted photos for each one too IF that will help you decide.

tripadvisor.com/…REVIEWS

tripadvisor.com/…REVIEWS

Hope this helps!

8. Re: caverns near pigeon forge

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, July 07, 2014