We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rain

Which Pigeon Forge hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
reviews: 1
Rain

We're coming Saturday!! I've been checking the weather forecast and there are thunderstorms for the next 10 days. The radar doesn't show a lot of rain, so is this a sporadic thing like in FL? I'm worried we'll be stuck indoors the whole time!

North Carolina
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
reviews: 38
1. Re: Rain

Please don't panic. The weather report for most of the mountains (and much of the rest of NC and TN) is about the same. Summer is here in the South. Lots of humidity that has to come down in some place and at some time most days. Sporadic is a good way to describe it, mostly in the afternoon.

reviews: 1
2. Re: Rain

Thanks, I feel so much better! Here in Chicago it's been raining since Friday. Rain means all day rain here!

Townsend, Tennessee
Destination Expert
for Townsend, Great Smoky Mountains National Park
reviews: 16
3. Re: Rain

Common pattern this time of year: Cool and damp in mornings, burning off by 9 - 10 or so, partly cloudy mid day, by mid afternoon - warm and humid, more clouds forming up, showers for a short while up to couple of hours into evening. Doesn't mean it absolutely will rain every day, but a common weather pattern for late June and July so be prepared for it. You will probably be arriving with many others for 4th of July week. If you haven't already done so, check other posts on TA for alternate route into PF.

Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Disney World
reviews: 63
4. Re: Rain

Just remember it's more likely to rain near the mountains in the afternoon/evening hours because of the lifting of the air currents there, so there's usually a little higher chance of rain than "predicted" by the weather folks, especially if you listen to the ones coming from Knoxville.

Plantation Florida
reviews: 96
5. Re: Rain

It's actually great when it rains, scares everyone out of Dollywood. We drove to our cabin in Cosby, it was raining. Settled in, then drove 30 minutes to Dollywood. The rain had let up. I went into the park, got 4 rides on Wild Eagle, front and back, also rode Mystery Mine. Your full day Dollywood ticket will let you into the park after 3pm, then you can come back the next day.

paintsville ky
Destination Expert
for Pigeon Forge, Gatlinburg
reviews: 26
6. Re: Rain

Don't worry because the mountains usually get a shower in the evening and it may rain in one place and 5 miles down the road the sun may be shining, so go and enjoy your trip.

7. Re: Rain

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, July 03, 2014