We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

islands in pigeon forge

Which Pigeon Forge hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
ky.boy
islands in pigeon forge

Has anyone rode on the wheel or visited any of the shops at the islands in pigeon forge and if so what was your experience

Sevierville...
reviews: 27
1. Re: islands in pigeon forge

Haven't been there yet. Just opened Friday, I have read some positive reviews on it via Facebook, I would like to ride 'the wheel'. However I'm not sure it's worth the cost at $15 per person.

Athens, Georgia
reviews: 25
2. Re: islands in pigeon forge

WOW $15 pp is a little steep. Maybe they will have coupons or groupons.

Englewood, Ohio
reviews: 7
3. Re: islands in pigeon forge

You should all know by now its a vacation hot spot. You aren't going to pay the same to do anything there let alone a new attraction. I did zip lining when we where there a few weeks ago $79 for 1.5 hours of fun. Its life and the point of a vacation spot is to enjoy your time and spend money like a vacation!! There web page says $13 per rider i think, but the VIP one is $50 a person. Think that is a little crazy but you know people will pay it that's the way it goes!

Georgia
4. Re: islands in pigeon forge

Went today! Didn't stay long because of the heat. Looks like a fun place. I was disappointed at the lack of people there. All the other amusement parks / attractions on the parkway were busy, but not the island. I want to go back at night and watch the lights on the wheel.

Washington DC...
reviews: 45
5. Re: islands in pigeon forge

We went on Monday. We ate dinner at the Timberwood Grill which was VERY good! Afterward my Dad and I rode on the wheel. It was really nice and I don't regret doing it.

My 5 year old enjoyed the arcade and merry-go-round/carousel.

We didn't go in any of the other shops that are open.

Parking was very weird and there was hardly anybody there.

taylorsmommi
reviews: 17
6. Re: islands in pigeon forge

I am hoping this place makes it as I keep reading there was hardly anyone there and this is a very busy time of year! :-/

Englewood, Ohio
7. Re: islands in pigeon forge

I think the just opening has a lot to do with the traffic. I think if you give it time the big wheel will draw people in seeing as it will spark peoples interest. Does anyone know what was there before, because it looked like an area that had tried to make something of it before and it never did?

Hebron, Indiana
reviews: 28
8. Re: islands in pigeon forge

wkahler....it was whee Belle Island Village was supposed to be. That was supposed to have shops, dining, hotel, Debbie Reynold's movie memorabilia museum, A Nascar racing thing (I think) and there was supposed to be an otter exhibit , which would have been fun to see.

Englewood, Ohio
9. Re: islands in pigeon forge

OK i just know it was empty for a while and maybe that should have been a sign of the prior ideas failures and such. I don't think it will fail i just think it will take time to take off. Think about it its been so hot and it sucks to be outside in the heat for anything. Give it some fall and winter time fun and see. I know i would like to do the big wheel with some snow falling and the look over the parkway and mountains with the snow would be cool!

Sevierville...
reviews: 27
10. Re: islands in pigeon forge

I went last night , it was ok, I guess idea it cool, but they are still building, and adding more things to it, there a few little shops, a daiquiri bar, the timberwood grill, and mellow mushroom, and an arcade, there was hardly any one there, I'm not sure why, because it's right off the parkway, and there is plenty of advertising for it, maybe people are going just now staying very long, as there isn't much to do, yet?