We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Misc Dollywood questions...

Which Pigeon Forge hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
West Monroe...
Misc Dollywood questions...

Hi Everyone.

Me and my hubby along with our two boys (ages 8 & 5) will be in Townsend July 4-7. We go every year for a family reunion and will do all the stuff around there like rafting and Cades Cove. For the first time, we have rent a cabin in PF for the 8-13th. This yr we plan to go to DW and Splash Kountry. I have a couple of questions about each....

1. How long does it take/where exactly do you go to park and catch the trolley to the parks? Is it worth it?

2. Has anyone had experience with the Q-bot (fastpass/reservation) systems at each of these parks? Do you thing they are worth it?

3. My kids LOVE rides and are not into shows so we will probably skip them at DW. Is there any one show you feel is a must-see?

We are very excited for our trip and will be the only vacay we can take for a while, so I'm doing a lot of research so we won't be waiting in too many lines or rushing around. (The pre-work really paid off in Disney World last year). I would also love any restaurant (kid friendly) recommendations. We usually always eat at the Apple Barn and try to find somewhere good for breakfast.

Thanks in advance for your help - Amye

NW Ohio
reviews: 72
11. Re: Misc Dollywood questions...

You have to see Gazillion Bubbles at Dollywood. It plays at 11, 1, 3 and 5.

Lines at both Splash Country and Dollywood vary day to day. We had a season pass for our 10 day stay and witnessed quite a variance. Go on a rainy day to Dollywood with a poncho and you'll walk on most rides.

I know you didn't ask but skip the Old Mill at PF to eat at, very noisy, long waits and overpriced. We enjoyed their sister restaurant The Pottery just across the street. They have a variety of sandwiches, quiches/salads, dinners served with delicious just baked bread. Go before 6 pm for no wait.

Missouri
reviews: 55
12. Re: Misc Dollywood questions...

Our family, 2 adults & 2 eight year olds, arrived after 3PM and spent the next full day. Took the trolly from Patriot Park each time ($12 total savings on parking - didn't take long to get there). We saw no shows, but road every ride (excluding kiddie rides). Rode our favorites twice. No huge waits in mid August. Did not even consider the qbot - out of our budget after paying over $200 admission. Loved it and would like to go back. I love listening to Dolly's music, but we normally don't do shows. The Bubble Show was not offered during our visit, but I've heard good things about it and we probably would have went if we could.

Pensacola, Florida
13. Re: Misc Dollywood questions...

Can you tell me which rides close early?

Sherwood, Wisconsin
reviews: 1
14. Re: Misc Dollywood questions...

On the day we visited we found Mountain Slidewinder, River Battle and Thunderhead closed at dusk. There may have been others but those were rides we were looking for that had already closed. On the other hand, Wild Eagle ran through to the end of the fireworks and is a great place to view the fireworks too.

15. Re: Misc Dollywood questions...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, July 13, 2014