We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cabin suggestions

Which Pigeon Forge hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Grayson, Kentucky
Cabin suggestions

We are planning our next trip to the area in July of 2014, yes thats over a year away but that gives me plenty of time to save!! This will make our third trip and we are looking for suggestions as to previous cabins people have rented and really liked. We will be staying a week the cabin must have, great mountain views, be located up a mountain, not have any immediate neighbors and sleep 10-12 since I don't know who will be going for sure. Any suggestions? Our last rental was located in Shagbark Resort and it was excellent, The Big Bear Lodge, loved it but would like to possibly find another location this trip.

Kentucky
1. Re: Cabin suggestions

We rent cabins in the Smokey Mtns for years now. No hotel for us! We've stayed in countless cabins and just last week we book with 'Cabins of Gatlinburg', (www.cabinsofgatlinburg.com) Best prices and Mary is super nice! The cabins are wonderful and you can choose from your area of choice, ex: Ski Mtn area for hopes of seeing wildlife and just a drive off the hill to Gatlinburg. 'The Spur' area if you are a shopper and with kids to enjoy Pigeon Forge with ease. Either way we loved our stay with this company. Very reasonable on prices.

Green Bay, Wisconsin
reviews: 13
2. Re: Cabin suggestions

Are you looking to stay in Gatlinburg or Pigeon Forge area? If Gatlinburg, try Chalet Village Properties in Gburg. They have a lot of cabins in the the Ski Mountain Road area near Ober which offers fantastic views of Mt Leconte. We have a cabin reserved with them for November. It is just the two of us so I wouldn't recommend it for a group of 10

reviews: 10
3. Re: Cabin suggestions

Lots of decisions to make when you want a cabin. I know it can be overwhelming. I would figure out a few things before you pic the cabin you want.

Do you want to be close to town? Which town Sevierville, Pigeon Forge, or Gatlinburg?

Private or in a cabin community?

River View, Mtn View, or doesn't matter?

Cabin, condo, or Chalet?

A pointer. If you want a pool, you will probably end up having to take one in a cabin community. Unless your lucky enough to find a cabin that has a private pool and is private.

To me I like being on the river. Good luck with your choice.

Grayson, Kentucky
4. Re: Cabin suggestions

Thanks, those are all questions I have answers for. On a mountain, not concerned about a pool, semi secluded, no neighbors looking at you, and the town doesn't really matter.

McArthur, Ohio
reviews: 6
5. Re: Cabin suggestions

We stayed in Morningstar, with family, the last week of June. It is located in Chalet Village on Wiley Oakley. There were 10 in our party. The house had 6 bdrms and was beautiful. We even had 2 sets of Mama bear with cubs. One mama had 4 cubs! She stopped in our back yard to let them nurse!! It was awesome! This house is rented through mountainchalets.com Hope this helps.

Indianapolis...
reviews: 19
6. Re: Cabin suggestions

We have stayed at Bear Creek Crossing. Our cabin had a decent amount of space from any of the neighboring cabins and it was very clean. We used Eden Crest to book our reservation.

Mississippi
Destination Expert
for Gatlinburg, Pigeon Forge, Great Smoky Mountains National Park
reviews: 21
7. Re: Cabin suggestions

Take a look at Timbercreek Cabins. We like them because they have character in design and decor. Many have exceptional mountain views, others are in unique forest setting beside creeks and streams. Almost all have a great deal of privacy, located in Wears Valley, where you can catch great starlight at night, views of cabin lights all around and below, and some even border the National Park. We have found that they are really balanced when it comes to getting what you pay for, since they aren't like the spanking brand new cabins which seem to be all glossy and bare, or the lower end cabins with futons for living room furniture and a 1970's decor along with outdoor carpet and almond or green colored appliances.

Ashland, Illinois
reviews: 6
8. Re: Cabin suggestions

http://www.vrbo.com/122247

This is a 6 bedroom 5 bath beautiful cabin in the Shagbark Resort.

Paris, Tn
Destination Expert
for Gatlinburg, Pigeon Forge
reviews: 23
9. Re: Cabin suggestions

We also prefer Wears Valley. We pick our cabin from "vacation rental by owner". (V.R.B.O.) We've always had good results renting through them. We've never needed a cabin with that much sleeping quarters, but I'm sure you can find some in V.R.B.O. Happy cabin hunting, and enjoy your vacation.

Ray

10. Re: Cabin suggestions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, October 19, 2014