We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Younger couples first trip!

Which Pigeon Forge hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Baton Rouge
reviews: 12
Younger couples first trip!

Hi this will be our first trip to Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge. So many things to do.. Need help deciding on what are the best shows to see for a younger couple with no children, worth the money. Also we were looking for the best other attractions recommendations! Thanks

Englewood, Ohio
reviews: 7
1. Re: Younger couples first trip!

I vote a stop at Stages West western store. Its not really anything major but i know it is a must for me and the wife/family when we go down there. Also you will get a lot of suggestions for shows, but we really liked the Lumberjack show and the Hatfield and McCoy show. Both have a great food and both have ample seating! Good luck and enjoy your first trip the problem is once you go once its hard to stay away!!

AL
reviews: 10
2. Re: Younger couples first trip!

I have always enjoyed the aquarium and of course the national park. Try Roaring fork motor nature trail. It's a must see on all my trips!

Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
reviews: 63
3. Re: Younger couples first trip!

I'm not a big fan of the shows (not really into the fluff of singing and dancing), but Dixie Stampede isn't bad and it's a dinner show.

I much prefer to spend my time in the national park watching nature instead of humans.

I do like the Titanic exhibit though.

What time of year are you coming?

Baton Rouge
4. Re: Younger couples first trip!

We will be ther the last week of this month

Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
5. Re: Younger couples first trip!

Well, the last week of April should be prime time viewing for the wildflowers in the national park, which to me is the best show of all. Be sure to take a few drives in the park to see these spring beauties.

Some of the better areas to see wildflowers include:

Porters Creek trail in the Greenbrier area

Chestnut Top Trail at the Townsend Wye

Along Little River Road

Chimneys picnic area

Any of the quiet walkways

Baton Rouge
6. Re: Younger couples first trip!

Thanks! Are there any places there to get stuff for a picinic and picninc in one of those areas?

Englewood, Ohio
reviews: 7
7. Re: Younger couples first trip!

There is a Walmart on your way in to PF and also there are a few FoodCity stores in PF and GB to get whatever you need for a picnic.

Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
8. Re: Younger couples first trip!

There's also a Kroger grocery store just off the parkway if you turn at traffic light #3/Wears Valley Rd.

There's two picnic areas that are easy to get to in the park: Chimneys Picnic area and Metcalf Bottoms Picnic area.

Chimneys is right on Hwy 441/Newfound Gap Rd while Metcalf is on Little River Road.

Edited: 10:39 am, April 02, 2013
9. Re: Younger couples first trip!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, April 04, 2014