We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

panic has set in.....

Which Pigeon Forge hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Lexington, Kentucky
reviews: 5
panic has set in.....

We have a spring break trip planned to PF, tomorrow thru April 4th. We rented a nice place thru VRBO. Good reviews, wonderful pictures. I talked to the owner on the phone before I made the reservation, and several times via email since then. Email has been the best way to reach her, since she is busy with her kids and other everyday things. Fast forward to today-- I should have gotten an email from the owner 24-48 hours before arrival with the directions and key code for the cabin. I haven't gotten it yet!! There is less than 24 hours before we are supposed to check in. I emailed this morning, then again this afternoon, using the contact form thru the VRBO listing.

I am hoping it is just me over-reacting and being paranoid....but I am seriously starting to freak out!! If I haven't gotten any response by this evening, I will start blowing up their phone. Grrrr. I really don't think the listing is any sort of scam or anything like that. I am just so stressed out. Any other time, we have gotten the directions/code a couple days before check in. I am so hoping the owner just got busy and forgot about me, and nothing worse going on! :(

1. Re: panic has set in.....

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 2:57 pm, July 18, 2013
Atlanta
2. Re: panic has set in.....

I would call right now. Also check your spam emails. Sometimes they can go there from vrbo.

Iowa
reviews: 327
3. Re: panic has set in.....

Yikes, I would be nervous too! Hopefully she will email you soon. I'd probably give her a call around 6ish if you haven't heard anything by then. At least you know she should be home around that time of day.

Grove City, Ohio
4. Re: panic has set in.....

Karen,

Call her immediately. If you have been trying to connect with her via VRBO instead of a direct email address, she might not be getting the emails. VRBO can be quirky at times and not be totally reliable.

I am hoping she forgot or just thought she sent you the directions & access information and all is ok.

Lexington, Kentucky
reviews: 5
5. Re: panic has set in.....

Whew~!! All is good, I heard from the owner just a little bit ago. It was just a hectic day for her, but I have everything I need now. That is such a relief~!!!!!! Everything had been going smoothly during this whole process, but I always have the "what-if" scenario when using VRBO.

I had been emailing her using her personal email address. I used the VRBO contact as an extra means of contacting her.

6. Re: panic has set in.....

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, March 30, 2014