We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gatlinburg, TN BBQ Beware

Which Pigeon Forge hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Davie
Gatlinburg, TN BBQ Beware

After reading a post who suggested Bennett's BBQ (Gatlinburg location) hands down as the best bbq in the area, we headed to Bennett's to give it a try. We had the large appetizer sampler and being that I knew I wouldn't eat much more, I ordered chili and a Caesar salad. Chili was ok but Caesar salad wasn't so great... But this is a BBQ place, I'm not expecting a delicious salad so I didn't mind. My husband ordered the Texas sampler and only ate his brisket and ribs and sides. We took the chicken home. Hours later he is in the bathroom with food poisoning. This post isn't to bash their food, but it is to warn any travelers of this experience. We are on our honeymoon and the last thing we would of thought of is food poisoning.

Savannah, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Gatlinburg, Maggie Valley, Pigeon Forge
reviews: 15
1. Re: Gatlinburg, TN BBQ Beware

Sorry your honeymoon was interrupted, and I hope he's feeling better. Are you sure it was food poisoning from Bennett's? That's a pretty serious accusation against a popular area restaurant. Is that the only thing he ate that day, or just the last thing?

Again, I'm not questioning your sincerity, but we've eaten many, many meals at Bennett's with any problems. Maybe it was something he had earlier that day, or maybe it was just a 24 hour bug?

Iowa
reviews: 328
2. Re: Gatlinburg, TN BBQ Beware

I'm always a bit leery of "one post wonders" who either slam a place, or praise it;-). It's only to easy for a competitor to sign up to Tripadvisor, and post something false.

Amelia, Ohio
reviews: 9
3. Re: Gatlinburg, TN BBQ Beware

I find that when people get sick after eating somewhere they tend to blame the restaurant and say it is food poisoning. In all likelihood it was a 24 hour bug. Did you go to the dr and get a diagnosis? Did you call the restaurant to complain or see if anyone else got sick as well? Don't go throwing blame around unless you have serious proof.

Edited: 12:30 pm, March 27, 2013
Georgia
reviews: 52
4. Re: Gatlinburg, TN BBQ Beware

I can't comment on this specific incident, of course, but I can say I have had food poisoning after eating at a restaurant. I was with a friend, and we both ate the same thing and both got very sick. It was rough. Worse than any stomach bug I've ever had.

Lafayette, Indiana
reviews: 34
5. Re: Gatlinburg, TN BBQ Beware

I know there has been a few 1 post people on here claiming bad things happened to them. I do find those hard to believe. I read a post from November claiming they're cabin was robbed and when people asked questions there was never any response. Six moths later and they havent poseted anything else. So if the original poster doesnt respond its probably B.S. I do hope that no one got food poisoning because its no fun. Mistakes do happen and the odds of it happening again is extermly unlikley.

Mississippi
Destination Expert
for Gatlinburg, Pigeon Forge, Great Smoky Mountains National Park
reviews: 22
6. Re: Gatlinburg, TN BBQ Beware

Lots of stomach flu going on around the southeast. This type of thing can easily be picked up while traveling, exchanging currency, or simply coming in contact with a carrier. Without a diagnosis from a physician, it's purely speculation.

Lexington, Kentucky
reviews: 5
7. Re: Gatlinburg, TN BBQ Beware

I do hope your husband is feeling better. Hopefully it was just a stomach virus, and not food poisoning. Food poisoning will make you sick for days, like you have the flu or something. Hope he bounces back quickly and you have a nice time during the rest of your trip.

Nashville, Tennessee
8. Re: Gatlinburg, TN BBQ Beware

I love Bennett's and have never had any problems with their food.

Sidney, Ohio
9. Re: Gatlinburg, TN BBQ Beware

Nearly all real food poisoning cases take around 24 hours for u to see the effects. There are cases that can present problems earlier, but they are more uncommon. If this is good poisoning, chances are he did not pick it up at Bennett's a couple hours before. May want to think about what he at the day before.

Isonville, KY
reviews: 5
10. Re: Gatlinburg, TN BBQ Beware

My family and I have eaten at Bennett's multiple times over the years and have never had an issue,my best friend and I ate there in August if last year and my husband and I ate there on our honeymoon last September and their food was delicious. If you suspect food poisoning I would go to the Dr., hope he feels better soon!