We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

family trip with 90 yr old grandmother

Which Pigeon Forge hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Oxford...
reviews: 21
family trip with 90 yr old grandmother

My 90 year old grandmother wants to visit the smokey mountains, mainly the old mill in pigeon forge. We are looking at traveling in may. I'm having a hard time finding a suitable cabin in the area. We need at least one bed and bath on the main level as she has difficulty with stairs (she can do a few to the door).We need at least 3 bedrooms and needs to sleep 6 (2 are couples). I would also love a mountian view that she can sit and enjoy. Any suggestions?

1. Re: family trip with 90 yr old grandmother

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 9:43 am, May 08, 2013
Savannah, Ga
Destination Expert
for Cherokee, Tybee Island
reviews: 5
2. Re: family trip with 90 yr old grandmother

I took my 84 year old mother last year. When we where looking for a cabin we found that there was several that was available. I was not able to locate them on the web but with just a few phone calls to the cabin rental companies I had several to pick from. When you call tell them you need an ADA or handicap accessible cabin. Get a list of the available cabins and then look at them on the web.

Also I would look into renting a wheel chair for the trip. It was really worth it. Does she have a handicap card for the car? If not talk to her doctor and get a temporary one. The parking deck at the aquarium will let you park for free, at least they did last year.

Have fun

Oxford...
reviews: 21
3. Re: family trip with 90 yr old grandmother

Thanks for the suggestions. Links would be great! I found one we really liked but have not heard back from the owner yet. My husband and I stayed in Gatlinburg in September. I found a cabin in the arts and crafts area that was ok for just us. I just am not familiar with cabins in the pigeon forge area.

yes, she has a handicap tag and she also has a wheelchair we are planning to use part of the time but not in the cabin. She's gets around ok with just the walker but for the long days, we plan to use the wheelchair.

4. Re: family trip with 90 yr old grandmother

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 9:42 am, May 08, 2013
Edited: 9:42 am, May 08, 2013
5. Re: family trip with 90 yr old grandmother

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, March 28, 2014