We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ideas for big group activites?

Which Pigeon Forge hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Plano, Texas
Level Contributor
10 posts
12 reviews
Ideas for big group activites?

This summer I'm trying to put together a family reunion. We will have about 25 people spanning all ages. We won't all be staying at the same place, though a few of us will have cabins and we're already planning some cook-outs and movie nights. What are some other good activities in PF/Gatlinburg that we could do together?

Level Contributor
1,377 posts
366 reviews
1. Re: Ideas for big group activites?

You could have a picnic in the National Park. I would recommend the Metcalf Bottoms picnic area: plenty of picnic tables if you get there early enough, and the river is right there (and shallow) for wading. There's also a short hike from the picnic area that goes to the Little Greenbrier school.

Dollywood would be a great idea if you like theme parks.

Ripley's aquaruim is nice, but we found it absolutely packed when we went. Might be hard to keep a bigger group together. Maybe if you went as soon as it opens it wouldn't be so crowded.

There's Splash Country waterpark in Pigeon Forge.

Green Bay, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
294 posts
13 reviews
2. Re: Ideas for big group activites?

I second the park. Maybe take a few of the smaller kids on a waterfall hike and maybe the older kids/young adults can do a more strenous hike with a great view.

Destination Expert
for West Virginia
Level Contributor
2,022 posts
49 reviews
3. Re: Ideas for big group activites?

I think you'd enjoy Dixie Stampede...and with a group that size you might be able to get group rates. Someone from a group is often chosen to be a part of the show and that makes it super fun for the rest of the group!

4. Re: Ideas for big group activites?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, March 24, 2014