We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

questions answered here about the fire and 59 cabins burned

Which Pigeon Forge hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
sevierville TN
Level Contributor
458 posts
questions answered here about the fire and 59 cabins burned

I will update you all with the information I can and here's a start. I cannot answer every question at this point. Here's what I can tell you.

There has been 59 cabins destroyed and 6 damaged, and I think all but one of those has been in Black Bear Ridge Resort. There has been forest burning, but overall, everything else is fine. The only other cabin that I know that might have been affected is east of there, and it might be with Dodgen Rentals. They had to evacuate that side of the mountain Mon. afternoon because the wind changed before the rain came in. The wedding chapel at BBR is standing, and doesn't seem to be fire damaged. There possibly might be smoke damage in a lot of cabins and chapel up there, I don't know. I THINK they are on a community well system up there so water anytime soon could be questionable. They are not letting anyone in BBR, although I did get onto another ridge today within a quarter mile where they were dumping water from the helicopter. There was forest burned there, but all the cabins were fine and that area the fire was totally out right there. I know that there all many owners in BBR that don't even know about their cabins at this point so there's no way to answer questions about individual cabins. I know that the cabins on a lot of Bear Cub Way Road are all ok. I don't know the other road names so I cannot tell you much more than that. Everything else in the area is fine and functioning normally. I would suggest calling your rental company in a week or so if you have any reservations up there. Right now they do not even know anything because it's all blocked off with no entrance into or out of there.

sevierville TN
Level Contributor
458 posts
1. Re: questions answered here about the fire and 59 cabins burned

Last live tv report stated that they were pulling all but a few trucks off the mountain. The pouring rain has put out all but 5 acres of fire, and that is basically going to burn itself out. Sounds like it's about over, thankfully. WBIR facebook page has a lot of pics and videos of the situation.

Southern Indiana
Level Contributor
189 posts
30 reviews
2. Re: questions answered here about the fire and 59 cabins burned

We had a cabin rented for next week called All Fun and Games and it is confirmed it has burned down. FYI in case anyone has a reservation in the near future on this one.

Powhatan Point, Ohio
Level Contributor
54 posts
3. Re: questions answered here about the fire and 59 cabins burned

Does anyone know if "Valley View" cabin at traffic light #3,Wears Valley is still standing? It is about 3 or4 miles out Wears Valley Road.We plan to stay there in October.Any info. would appreciated.

Ohio
Level Contributor
57 posts
4. Re: questions answered here about the fire and 59 cabins burned

Have they said a $$$ (dollar) amount for total loses?

5. Re: questions answered here about the fire and 59 cabins burned

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, March 26, 2014