We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Black Bear Ridge Fire BAD

Which Pigeon Forge hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
sevierville TN
Black Bear Ridge Fire BAD

Yesterday when I was going into town, I saw a couple cabins on fire in BBR. We stopped and watched from a friends house yesterday and watched 35 cabins burn down. WBIR.COM has a lot of coverage about it. The fire is still burning right now in a couple of different places. You can actually see the fire from the parkway now as it has climbed over the ridge heading east. BBR is located west of light #3 in P.F. About 3 1/2 miles off the parkway, you have to veer left onto Long Branch road. I talked to a firefighter this morning and the fire is not under control. The worst is, the wind is picking up and is going to really pick up more before the rain this afternoon. I personally have never seen anything like this. It's sad for the cabin owners, guests, and I also feel for the firefighters that have already been on this mountain for 13 hours now. No injuries thankfully.

61. Re: Black Bear Ridge Fire BAD

Geesh, I am not usually so stupid but nothing I try works lol....I would love to see more pictures. By chance could you try sending me a link mlgongaware@comcast.net

62. Re: Black Bear Ridge Fire BAD

I think I found the correct page burg they might have to accept my friend request before I can see all the pictures. Thanks for your help, are you being married there or were you married there?

Crystal Lake...
reviews: 1
63. Re: Black Bear Ridge Fire BAD

Shagbark is about 4 miles from Blackbear Ridge and I had just arrived at my Cabin in Shagbark the day of the fire. I was with the couple that manages cabins in both Blackbear and Shagbark. They got the call about one of their cabins was on fire while we were talking and left in a hurry. They later said it was probably a hot tub motor overheated and not somebody's negligence. The news crews didn't help with their helicopters fanning the flames, just trying to get a story. It was a real tragedy but I take my hat off the the Army Blackhawks dropping water on the flames. The one problem about small mountain roads it's hard to get the big fire trucks up them. To answer your question Shagbark was not affected by the fire.

Edited: 6:49 am, April 02, 2013
Crystal Lake...
reviews: 1
64. Re: Black Bear Ridge Fire BAD

…photobucket.com/user/…

65. Re: Black Bear Ridge Fire BAD

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, April 04, 2014