We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pigeon Forge Shooting

Which Pigeon Forge hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Northeast Tennessee
reviews: 5
Pigeon Forge Shooting

A Bristol, TN man was shot and killed Sunday in the River Lodge South parking lot and his father was shot and is in stable condition when they refused to give someone money. Will this make you rethink your plans? I know that I go to Pigeon Forge several times a year with my daughters and this made me stop and think about safety issues....

Troy, Ohio
reviews: 157
1. Re: Pigeon Forge Shooting

Thats terrible about the shooting! My husband and I are going to pigeon forge at the end of this week. I know the crime rates have been higher in pigeon forge then some areas, just have to take precautions and try to be safe. Not sure which hotel that is and the location. Is it on parkway or pushed farther back?

Northeast Tennessee
2. Re: Pigeon Forge Shooting

It is on the parkway. It looks to be on the left hand side right past Red Rooster Pancake and right before fantasy golf and the Pigeon Forge super speedway which is before Old Mill Avenue. I have not looked at any crime statistics for down there. I stumbled upon this because the victims live in the same town that i do. I guess these days you have to be observant at all times. I hope you have a great stay in Pigeon Forge.

Savannah, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Gatlinburg, Maggie Valley, Pigeon Forge
reviews: 16
3. Re: Pigeon Forge Shooting

It won't make me change my plans, but as you said, we should all be aware of our surroundings at all times. It's sad, but true.

Edited: 10:13 am, March 12, 2013
Northeast Tennessee
4. Re: Pigeon Forge Shooting

I just read a story posted on our newspaper online and it seems, per the mother, that this probably

was not a random act but was likely due to drugs.

Lafayette, Indiana
reviews: 34
5. Re: Pigeon Forge Shooting

Crime is everywere. You have to be on the lookout everywere. It does suck when your on vacation. But id say its an isolated issue and if you stay in the high traffic areas youll be ok. Ive never really felt unsafe in Gatlinburg or Pigeon Forge. Avoid dark alleys late at night. When I travel Ido take my gun with me for pertection because you never know. Were going in May and this doesnt make want to change our plans.

Lafayette, Indiana
reviews: 34
6. Re: Pigeon Forge Shooting

The address is 3251 Parkway, Pigeon Forge, TN. Its a pretty central location. This is only about a half mile from the Old Mill. Just be careful at night keep any eye out. I know we usually are in our cabin before nightfall. It is a tourist town so people know your going to have money. Im unsure why someone would be parked behind the motel. I dont want to speculate what happend but I do hope they find the shooter. Im sure this wont help business for the River Lodge South. Stay safe evryone.

Nashville
reviews: 17
7. Re: Pigeon Forge Shooting

This incident is getting understandable attention because it is so extreme and so rare.

Straight to Starlitewoman’s question: This extraordinarily isolated incident should not deter anyone from visiting Pigeon Forge. The city is appalled, and its police department is working to identify and apprehend the responsible person.

For anyone familiar with Pigeon Forge: While the lodging property does have an address on the Parkway, it actually is a block off the Parkway and backs onto the Little Pigeon River. The incident did not occur in a high-traffic area.

Addressing other commenters: In your hometown and when you travel on vacation, everyone should be smart, prudent and observant. The fact you are on vacation – anywhere – does not change that reality.

Full disclosure: I work for the Pigeon Forge Department of Tourism. The fact I am paid to promote the city does not change my interest in dealing with fact rather than speculation, nor does it diminish my belief that what happened Sunday should give anyone second thoughts about visiting Pigeon Forge. We had more than 10 million visitors last year and look forward to your visits.

Birmingham, Alabama
reviews: 33
8. Re: Pigeon Forge Shooting

I completely agree with Tom! I think most people, myself included, do not want to think about our great vacation destination being marred by crime. Unfortunately, anywhere there are humans, there is crime. I will NOT change my vacation plans due to this. I will, however, be much more observant & cautious around people. I hate this happened & hope no law abiding person will stay away as a result of this. Otherwise, the only people that will be going to PF/Gat. will be the criminal element.

Lexington, Kentucky
reviews: 6
9. Re: Pigeon Forge Shooting

I agree with everyone else. It does not make me want to change my plans, though. I will probably be a little more observant about my surroundings. I am kind of picky about where we stay and the places we go to. I realize that crime can happen anywhere, but it never hurts to try to avoid any suspicious looking places.

Englewood, Ohio
reviews: 7
10. Re: Pigeon Forge Shooting

Carry concealed and carry often!! Crime is everywhere and its one of those things you need to have situational awareness all the time no matter what/where you are!

Edited: 9:47 pm, March 12, 2013