We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best place to stay - gatlinburg, pigeon forge or Sevierville

Which Pigeon Forge hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Lockport
reviews: 9
Best place to stay - gatlinburg, pigeon forge or Sevierville

I am overwhelmed by the hotels, lodges, inns, etc! My sister and I are traveling with my senior parents in may, flying into Knoxville. We want a convenient location, preferably with a nice view and a little quieter at night possibly just off the main highway. We plan to travel to each city or nearby locations.

Any suggestions where the best location would be for a first time visitor? Right now we are looking at places such as the best western, comfort inn, etc. Looking for something affordable but nice.

maryland
reviews: 10
11. Re: Best place to stay - gatlinburg, pigeon forge or Sevierville

The Inn at Christmas Place is great. Its on the main drag in Pigeon Forge but with a huge koi pond, and trees is feels like you off the road. Alot of seniors stay here with their families. Doormen help you with your bags and open doors for you when you enter. It might be a more then a Comfort Inn but they have a hot breakfast everyday with basically everything (eggs,sausage,gravy,potatoes,omelette station,cereal,waffles, etc) so it equals out by saving on spending money on breakfast out. Enjoy your trip.

Sidney, Ohio
12. Re: Best place to stay - gatlinburg, pigeon forge or Sevierville

Check out Riverstone resort in PF. Seems to fit your needs perfectly. Use vrbo.com and you can find some very nice deals in May. We are going in May as well and have the same two br condo we rented last yr for 622 after taxes and fees for 5 nts. We love the place.

Englewood, Ohio
reviews: 7
13. Re: Best place to stay - gatlinburg, pigeon forge or Sevierville

We always stick to PF seeing as it is not as congested when it comes to roads and there is more to do there. We normally stay in between towns in a cabin because it is out of the way but still close enough to jump out to the cabin and stay just in case we need to take a break or just hang out if the weather turns and walking around doesn't sound to fun! Also we have stayed right off the main area in town and not had any issues with noise or to much hustle and bustle! Enjoy your trip and enjoy the town in the mountains!

Charlottesville...
reviews: 2
14. Re: Best place to stay - gatlinburg, pigeon forge or Sevierville

If you have not already picked a place to stay, I highly recommend the Comfort Inn-Apple Valley, which is right on the line between Sevierville and Pigeon Forge. The river runs on one side of the Comfort Inn, and when you walk across the bridge, you are in Pigeon Forge. We have stayed at this Comfort Inn for several years now - never disappointed. The place is very clean, nice breakfast, right at a stoplight with easy access to the parkway, very close to the outlet mall and numerous places to eat - some within easy walking distance. Just my opinion - but for the money it can't be beat.

Troy, Ohio
reviews: 94
15. Re: Best place to stay - gatlinburg, pigeon forge or Sevierville

We stayed at Valley Forge Inn in pigeon forge one year and was very happy. Clean and nice size rooms. perfect location for us since its in walking distance to shops, restaurants, arcade and race tracks. Very reasonable rates. I know it has a indoor and outdoor pool and free breakfast. The reviews are good as well for it. I suggest PF. I really wouldn't consider sevierville to stay in, just not much to do - for us theres not. PF is much better location and you can drive easily to many different towns from it. I personally like staying in Gatlinburg also because I think its a lot nicer looking with better views then PF but we tend to bounce back and forth. I can normally find a better deal in PF and we seem to do more here. I know the amount of hotels can be overwhelming but just look carefully at reviews before deciding.

Georgia
reviews: 52
16. Re: Best place to stay - gatlinburg, pigeon forge or Sevierville

I prefer to stay in Gatlinburg and drive over to Pigeon Forge. I like being able to walk to most things. Pigeon Forge is more spread out. I know others that always stay in Pigeon Forge and love it. If you do stay in Gatlinburg, I would recommend looking on River Road. It's behind the parkway and quiet, but still within walking distance to everything. We have always stayed in town, but are renting a cabin this year because the price is about the same. We did stay at Bearskin Lodge last time on River Rd. and it was nice.

17. Re: Best place to stay - gatlinburg, pigeon forge or Sevierville

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:15 am, March 22, 2014