We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bear Camp Cabin Realty and Rentals

Which Pigeon Forge hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Atlanta
reviews: 13
Bear Camp Cabin Realty and Rentals

As I was planning a New Years trip for 9 friends, the first place I came to read reviews on this company was TA. Unfortunately there are not many here and I vowed to write one after I returned.

I tried to post a review of the rental but couldn't so I decided to give a report.

Bear Camp Cabin is a management company for private owners so I will only be speaking about a cabin called "A Mountain Delight". The management office is not on site, you have to go there to check in and get directions to your particular cabin. The company has strict checkin and checkout rules and strict cancellation rules. The few reviews that I did manage to find throughout the internet scared me but I had already booked the cabin so we had to cross our fingers.

This cabin is not one of the luxury cabins that has the movie theater with the plush, recliner chairs. That being said, the cabin was very clean, very spacious and had a lot of character and charm. It was a four bedroom, three bathroom, tri level cabin, with two kitchens, a pool table, a grill we used and a jacuzzi we didn't. There was supposed to be wifi but it did not work.

The cabin is located at the top of the mountain. It was snowing and it was very steep. I had to sit in the back and close my eyes every time we went up, or down, the mountain. The two way roads were definitely not wide enough for two cars and one time so we got lucky that we never had to share the road. Please make sure you heed advice and have four wheel drive.

The cabin was not located far from town and we had a great time. The 9 of us paid 109/night for three nights. That included a 10% military discount. We would recommend this cabin.

Dayton, Ohio
1. Re: Bear Camp Cabin Realty and Rentals

Thanks for posting. we just reserved as well.. and then read some bad opinions on trip advisor.. Your review helped me feel better!

Brandon, Mississippi
reviews: 3
2. Re: Bear Camp Cabin Realty and Rentals

We stayed at Kates Cove for our Wedding and Honeymoon March 19-23, 2013 and I have to say it was wonderful!! A beautiful cabin with all the modern conviencences and close to everything. The Mater bedroom is big and beautiful with its own balcony. The whirlpool tub in the master is awesome and so is the Hot Tub on the back deck. A few things I could complain asbout were that the sheets would not stay on the bed, but I called the rental office and they told me to bring them in to the office and swap them for as different pair (which I did) and they were a little better but still not great! The Kitchen is nice but did not have a huge supply of cooking tools but I made do just fine (didnt do much cooking there anyway) cooked on the grill one night and it worked out well and the washing machine is very small (I could only wash one pair of blue jeans or one sweatshirt at a time and maybe 3 towels (if I was standing close by to keep in in balance when it would get out of balance and start going crazy).All of that said I still give this cabin a **** (four star) rating! It was clean and private and everything we hoped for.

Brandon, Mississippi
reviews: 3
3. Re: Bear Camp Cabin Realty and Rentals

We stayed at Kates Cove for our Wedding and Honeymoon March 19-23, 2013 and I have to say it was wonderful!! A beautiful cabin with all the modern conviencences and close to everything. The Mater bedroom is big and beautiful with its own balcony. The whirlpool tub in the master is awesome and so is the Hot Tub on the back deck. A few things I could complain asbout were that the sheets would not stay on the bed, but I called the rental office and they told me to bring them in to the office and swap them for as different pair (which I did) and they were a little better but still not great! The Kitchen is nice but did not have a huge supply of cooking tools but I made do just fine (didnt do much cooking there anyway) cooked on the grill one night and it worked out well and the washing machine is very small (I could only wash one pair of blue jeans or one sweatshirt at a time and maybe 3 towels (if I was standing close by to keep in in balance when it would get out of balance and start going crazy).All of that said I still give this cabin a **** (four star) rating! It was clean and private and everything we hoped for.

4. Re: Bear Camp Cabin Realty and Rentals

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, March 26, 2014