We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

june vacation

Which Pigeon Forge hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
illinois
reviews: 10
june vacation

Hi we are planing a trip to pf the first week in june and were wondering if it is warm enough to swim outside then. Also how are the crowds then? sun through thurs . thanks

paintsville ky
Destination Expert
for Pigeon Forge, Gatlinburg
reviews: 26
1. Re: june vacation

I think it will still be to cold to swim in an outdoor pool as far as the crowds you should be fine because the kids are still in school at that time, well some schools may out if we don't have a bad winter. But even with that you will be fine it's doesn't get bad till around 4th of July.

Mississippi
Destination Expert
for Gatlinburg, Pigeon Forge, Great Smoky Mountains National Park
reviews: 21
2. Re: june vacation

Last year the highs in the area the first week of June were around 84 degrees, with the lows at night in the 60's. My thinking is it would be warm enough to swim, depending on how well you are acclimated to such temperatures. In mid summer, pools in the south can feel like bath water to those accustomed to lower temps.

Lots of hotels in the area with indoor pools. Not my cup of tea, but something you might consider.

chattanooga, Tn
3. Re: june vacation

Most pools open on memorial day weekend and should be warm enough to swim.

Iowa
reviews: 334
4. Re: june vacation

We were there the end of May this past year, and we did swim in the outdoor pool, plus wade in the river at our campground. Coming from Iowa, we thought it was quite warm:-) .

Grove City, Ohio
reviews: 5
5. Re: june vacation

Sunday through Thursday is a great time to go. We always try to avoid the weekend, if we can. I think that it will be warm enough to swim outdoors by then.

Green Bay, Wisconsin
reviews: 13
6. Re: june vacation

I see you are from Illinois, so I don't think you will have a problem swimming in the beginning of June. I am from Wisconsin and would swim outside if it were 60 based on the weather we get up here. As long as the sun is out, have at it.

Georgia
reviews: 52
7. Re: june vacation

I agree with the others. It might be too cold for me but being from the north, you'll probably find it warm enough. I'm from the south and when I've been to the beach in Florida in May the water was too cold to me, but I saw where others from the north said it just fine to them.

kentucky
reviews: 95
8. Re: june vacation

You should be fine for swimming especially if you factor in humidity. Schools are out then so lots of people - but the weekends are usually busier tha during the week.

Mason, Ohio
reviews: 23
9. Re: june vacation

We have actually been there in April before and it was warm enough to swim outside, believe it or not.

Savannah
reviews: 63
10. Re: june vacation

Thank u will be fine with swimming , If there is a car show in town it will be crowded, The summer crowd will be just starting ! Anytime it is a wonderful place and will have a few crowds !!!

Get answers to your questions about Pigeon Forge