We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dollywood Visit

Which Pigeon Forge hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Oneonta, Alabama
reviews: 3
Dollywood Visit

We just returned from Pigeon Forge a few hours ago. We were there Thursday night until lunchtime today. We hoped to visit Dollywood on Friday, but decided against it because of forecasted rain. We purchased season passes, but we had other friends with us who needed a one-day pass, so we hated to chance the rain. We went on Saturday instead. Oh my goodness- I certainly wasn't prepared for the crowds! We arrived around 10:00- Dollywood opened at 9:00 (it took 30 minutes just to get to the parking lot). The parking lots were full up to lot F by 10:00- there was a 20 minute line for the tram, so we decided to walk. We were picked up by a tram in parking area C/D. We stood in line to purchase our friend's tickets and then the scanner would not take our new passes we purchased through the mail. After about 10 minutes, the host put in some type of override code and we got in. We decided to wait about getting our photo IDs until later in the day since I had read there is usually a long line right after the park opens. We stood in a 40 minute line for the Thunderhead roller coaster and then a 50 minute line for Timber Tower ride. We then walked to the exchange booth to have our photos taken, only to see a 20-30 minute line there. We split up and my husband stood in line there while the rest of our group got in line at Red's Diner for lunch. We ordered hamburgers and hotdogs (cost $40 for a family of 4 after gold discount)- line wait 25 minutes. As soon as we got our food and were seated, we went to check on my husband's progress in the other line and had to join him for our photos before we could eat. The rest of the day had shorter lines for the rides- we rode almost every ride, but didn't watch any shows. The weather was perfect- not too hot and not too cool. While we enjoyed the visit, I will try to go the next time on a weekday to avoid the long waits for food and rides. The gold upgrade saved us $6 on parking and over $20 on food and souvenirs. Any tips for avoiding the long waits for rides for our next visit?

Great Smoky...
reviews: 13
51. Re: Dollywood Visit

I hear you about the trees it was so god awful hot

Brewton, Alabama
reviews: 8
52. Re: Dollywood Visit

We live a few hrs away from Visionland. Never had the urge to go there. My sister in law says it's okay. She says the waterpark is the best part. You're right, not shaded to give us a break from the sun.

I hope the Six Flags people get it together. I may be in the minority but Six Flags over Atlanta is my alltime favorite! Their thrill rides are the best.

Chattanooga...
reviews: 61
53. Re: Dollywood Visit

Visionalnds Roller Coaster Rampage is enough to go, but not for multipple visits or nothing. Its been in the top ten for woodys before. Its a crazy ride.

Six flags over georgia does have great rides, they just dont take very good care for them. The woodys there beat you up bad, the employees are rude, there is trash everywhere and the other guests ar erude as well. The place is run down, I used ot love it in the early 90's its went downhill since. It could be a top park if they just paid it some attention.

reviews: 5
54. Re: Dollywood Visit

just got back from dollywood. someone asked if a 5 year old would have fun. the answer is yes, but be prepared as a parent to have to ride everything with them if they are not tall. We went over memorial day weekend and the park was extremely crowded.

The kids loved the kid area with the water attraction. We made sure our kids had their bathing suits on under their clothes. The only thing is that the water guns have tons of grease on them. my daughter got covered with grease. The people working there did not think much about it. DD is 7 years old. They should at least have a sign about the grease. Her new bathing suit is ruined and I had to scrub her down in the bathroom for quite a while.

The kids also loved the new spongebob motion ride. like what they have at disney. they wanted to ride it several times.

I rode the roller coaster alone. That was a blast.

The kids loved the country fair area with the rides, but once again I had a pet peeve. my DD is 7 but short for her age. most 5/6 year olds are taller. Her friends were all normal height and they could ride all by themselves (must be 48 inches), but she could not. not even the dumbo like disney ride. She was very upset. I know on our cruise they had a height or age requirement, i.e. 46 inches or 6 years old. I know the height requirements are for safety reasons, but there are immature 5 year olds that might be tall enough, while an almost 7 1/2 responsible child has to have a parent along.

The other thing is that the rides break down a bunch.

WE did like that one game in the area that cost 3 dollars to play, but you always win at least the stuffed monkey. worth the 3$. WE liked the bird show as well. I also liked that noone gave us a hassle about bringing in our own food and drinks for the kids. We did pay for a few things, but kids like to constantly eat and it was nice we had our own stuff.

The after 3pm deal is the best. show up around 3 the first day adn the next day also is part of the pass. early morning has the least amount of wait on the rides,, or right when the park is about to close.

Overall the moms and girls had a great time.

Chattanooga...
55. Re: Dollywood Visit

http://www.dollywood.com/mmine/

Alexandria, LA
reviews: 8
56. Re: Dollywood Visit

Re: Kid Friendly Campground.....We always stay at River Plantation RV Park in Sevierville. It is has two nice pools and a playground for kids. It is in a valley just off the Parkway and is convenient to many of the area attractions.

Chattanooga...
57. Re: Dollywood Visit

check that url I posted ang AND every firday for updated video. They just posted new video with more hints to the 2007 attraction!!!

58. Re: Dollywood Visit

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:18 pm, August 15, 2009