We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

reputable rental companies

Which Pigeon Forge hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
clayton indiana
reviews: 8
reputable rental companies

We are preparing to buy a cabin and list it thru a rental company. Does anyone have suggestions of how to pick the best company in the area. So many to choose from.

Charleston, West...
1. Re: reputable rental companies

I suggest you do not pick American Patriot Getaways based on my recent experiences.

Grove City, Ohio
reviews: 4
2. Re: reputable rental companies

I find that rather amusing…

Reputable and rental companies…

In the same sentence!

Townsend, Tennessee
Destination Expert
for Townsend, Great Smoky Mountains National Park
reviews: 16
3. Re: reputable rental companies

Great market to be buying and you are very wise to be doing your homework on this. So many rental agencies and 1,000s of cabins for rent in the area so I'm sure you are aware of how highly competitive the rental market is and you have a realistic forecast of rental nights you can expect. As an absentee owner splitting the rental 60/40 (typical) you deserve a reputable cabin rental company that will keep an eye on things in addition to advertising, booking, cleaning and coordinating maintenance for you. Many mean well but just don't have the resources/staff to give everything the attention you would if you were doing it yourself. In PF (Wears Valley) Volunteer Cabin Rentals is a fair, reputable rental company. A couple of others in Townsend but you are in PF. There are also several companies in the area that provide cleaning/maintenance if you consider going the VRBO route and keeping a little more of that 40% in exchange for managing the bookings. Either way, suggest you visit once or twice a year at least just to put your own eyes on it. Good Luck!

clayton indiana
reviews: 8
4. Re: reputable rental companies

Thank you for that information

Vinton, Virginia
5. Re: reputable rental companies

Location: Pigeon Forge, Tennessee, United States, North America

Title: Worst people to deal with of any vacation spots I have used!!!!F rating with BBB.

ID#: 144693425

Aunt Bug's Cabin Rentals

Started out and was told we could cancel for any reason with insurance,purchased it.Had to cancel do to personal reasons,to to file claim and only could use medical reason.Called many times to get straight info,finally told the person who promised this no longer worked there!!I never received refund and when I called to ask what was taking so long for refund was told we did not cancel within 30 days.I gave them the persons name who I spoke with to cancel 36 days prior to scheduled check in.Imagine my surprise when I was told that person did not work there and I had canceled 27 days not 36(even though I wrote down name,date & time & asked for a confirmation # & was told I did not need one.F rating with BBB and I see why.Guess this will end up in small claims court. Hope you have better luck than I did with these #####!!!

Tennessee
reviews: 31
6. Re: reputable rental companies

I think the best route to go would be VRBO. We have rented thru Sunset Cottage and Fireside Chalets many times in the past decade. We've not really been disapointed in any rental from either company (other than some of the locations of a few cabins but this is not the rental companys fault) But we have rented a few that we thought could have used a better sweeping job. (like on the porches and decks) In peak seasons I'm sure its hard to give a 2000+ sq. foot home a complete cleaning when its one person cleaning and they have 10+ homes to clean in a day. Most people don't understand that and they don't take into consideration this cleaning person has to drive from one rental to the next and that 5 mile gap might take her 30 minutes due to traffic.

Might ask the rental company you are considering just how many homes the cleaning person does on a typical day and how many maids clean the home together. I know a few yrs. ago we couldn't get into a rental we were renting from Sunset due to bad weather until the next day. The cleaning ppl. were there when we arrived the next day and it happen to be 3 mexicans (1 girl & 2 guys) The cabin was very clean, floors were swept, bathrooms cleaned, cabin smelled clean and we could tell the carpet in the game room & bedroom was freshly vacuumed.

7. Re: reputable rental companies

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:34 am, December 06, 2012
Lafayette, Indiana
reviews: 34
8. Re: reputable rental companies

My experiences with cabins is limited ive only used Cabins For You andmy stays have been excelent I could complain. I recently just booked a cabin with Chalet Village and they have really good prices and the cabins look nice. Plus right now theyre doing a promo if you stay 3 night you get one free. They were super friendly on the phone and im looking forward to it.

Lexington, Kentucky
reviews: 5
9. Re: reputable rental companies

I used Sunset Cottages several times, and having nothing but wonderful things to say about them. They were always polite and helpful, and their prices were great. But, looking to save more $$ we have started using VRBO. But I am extremely picky when it comes to renting a cabin through them. The listing must have plenty of pics, descriptions, etc. I really try to do my homework and make sure that it is what it's supposed to be.

I think VRBO gets alot more traffic now than what it used to. I mean, everyone is trying to save money where ever they can. Plus, if someone is happy with their experience, they will recommend it. (I do!!) Jut make sure you have a great listing. (And follow though!!)

Good luck!!

Shelby
10. Re: reputable rental companies

As a former owner you will want to ask how many cabins are on the program. Remember if you plan on going with a big company your cabin will compete with in that company for reservations. As a small company your cabin is promoted more. Visit www.americascabins.com